Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're making full customs, everything from the character names to the back story is completey new. Also some characters will feature custom items.

Here's the first one...

http://www.front-toward-enemy.us/2013/01/zombicide-custom-su...

Happy zombie hunting...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's really good but that pistol seems pretty awesome. Could get 12 shots off with it in one turn and once he gets to Orange he can do 2 damage so mow down fatties too? Can the gun be passed around? Because somebody with a free combat action could shoot it 3 times a turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules allow you to pass equipment, so I don't see why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just seems a bit overpowered. Being able to shoot 12 shots a turn (possibly 18 once a character gets free combat action) at up to 3 zones away (why so long? The rifle can only shoot 3 zones). Although you get some pretty powerful combinations later on in the game it seems like it might be too powerful at the beginning. Has he been playtested? That's the only way to know for sure.

I love the art and the fluff and his skills all seem good so overall he's a very good character, I just wonder if that weapon needs a bit more balancing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The more powerful gun is just an optional bonus, I figured it would be nice for players who are having trouble winning a game.

Our optional bonues are never balenced, they're for fun.

The post has been updated to better represent the optional nature of the item cards.

Happy gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't read the optional bits sorry! He looks fun, you can get some pretty crazy combos later on in the game anyway but that might be crazy good early on. I do definitely think the range should be reduced to 0-1 though like other pistols in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just added an addtional bonus, I was inspired by some of Jonah's notes, although he never suggested anything like what I came up with.

http://www.front-toward-enemy.us/2013/01/zombicide-custom-su...

Enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K

Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmb
doesn't make any sense to me.

For starters, I am a firearms fan and like variety, but why the 454 Casull? Why not the more universally recognizable 44 magnum?

(If you are wanting to include the 454 Casull round, why choose the Ruger Redhawk rather than the 454 Casull's truly iconic handgun, the Freedom Arms single action revolver?)

What's your logic behind the '6 shot' rule? Yea, the Redhawk holds 6 rounds but the glock holds 15 and the SMG holds 30. I don't see how capacity relates to a special rule.

If I was doing a Big Fing Revolver card i'd give it 2 damage. (when I play I imagine the rifle is a 22, which is why it can't kill a fatty let alone an abom)

If I wanted to go to the added effort of representing it's 6 shot nature I'd have some rule about 'discard this card after 6 uses'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah Terry
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
akodo1 wrote:
doesn't make any sense to me.

For starters, I am a firearms fan and like variety, but why the 454 Casull? Why not the more universally recognizable 44 magnum?

(If you are wanting to include the 454 Casull round, why choose the Ruger Redhawk rather than the 454 Casull's truly iconic handgun, the Freedom Arms single action revolver?)

What's your logic behind the '6 shot' rule? Yea, the Redhawk holds 6 rounds but the glock holds 15 and the SMG holds 30. I don't see how capacity relates to a special rule.

If I was doing a Big Fing Revolver card i'd give it 2 damage. (when I play I imagine the rifle is a 22, which is why it can't kill a fatty let alone an abom)

If I wanted to go to the added effort of representing it's 6 shot nature I'd have some rule about 'discard this card after 6 uses'

1) Because I really like the .454, and the .44s been done already.
2) Because I don't own one. (NRA life member, with an FFL)
3) Because it's fun to try out new mechanics.
4) It does do damage 2 at the Orange level, when used in concert with the character for which it was designed.
5) Why throw away a perfectly good gun when you can just reload?

You shouldn't nit pick things based on the art, when I could have used any revolver image, you should be happy I at least went through the trouble of using a picture of a gun actually chambered in .454 Casull.

Second it's an optional add on to an optional custom character, even I won't force you to use it, and I made it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.