Subject: question: required time to play through the 15 games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asger Kreiner-Møller
Denmark
København Ø
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm discussing with my game group to start playing legacy. Two of them are however not sure whether they have the time to invest in this game. How much time do you think is required for a full playthrough of the 15 games?

This information might help me to convince them to play this seemingly awesome game with me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Holttum
United Kingdom
Southend on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First few games go quickly, later ones take more time.

Not including "getting it all out of the box" time, but including all "selection of faction etc" time, I'd say:

First 4 games - half an hour each.
Games 5-10(ish) - about an hour
Games 11-15(ish) - say 90 minutes.

So around 16 hours game play total. Depends a lot on whether you are cautious players or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that you may want to play more than 15 games. It is not guaranteed that you see all contents after 15 games, and even then there is no reason to stop playing. The 15th game is, however, a remarkable milestone and a possible ending point if you need one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V Dickson
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nanokae wrote:
I'm discussing with my game group to start playing legacy. Two of them are however not sure whether they have the time to invest in this game. How much time do you think is required for a full playthrough of the 15 games?

This information might help me to convince them to play this seemingly awesome game with me!

Stuart's timing is about right. These are not huge, epic Risk games initially. We played two games back to back more than a few times.

And Andreas is also right that there is no 15-play contract. :)

Play the game, see how it goes. If your group is like mine, you'll go well beyond 15 plays and love every one (we're at about 24 now).

We played the first 10 or so quite actively and then took a pause for a bit before we jumped back in for another 10 or so. A few other games were played here and there.

Anyhow, it's not about the investment of time, it's about having fun with the game. Let them know they can play it as much as they like and stop any time, picking it up again later if it interests them. No need to commit to precisely 15 games just because you buy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we just finished an epic 4 hour game ... HQ's were spread out and one player was not really attacking much ...
of course he is 7 years old, and two players are 10 years old and then myself ...
I got beat out by leaving my HQ unprotected and several rounds of ganging up on me and then my son's friend changing in his cards twice for the win ...
great game though, I really enjoyed it, in fact everyone did

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Kreiner-Møller
Denmark
København Ø
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is ordered and on its way. I'm really looking forward to play this. Thanks for your helpfull comments!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel greene
Canada
flag msg tools

We played 1.5 boards so far with 5 people. I forget how long board one took, but board 2 is fresh in my mind so far. We are 11 games in:

5 Players: First Night we played for 11 hours straight with 4 games completed. Second game night was 10 hours with 5 games played. #3rd night was 6 hours with 2 games completed. Game 10 took 30 minutes. Game 11 ... it took 5.5 HOURS! It was the most intense, emotional, flipfloppy hell of a game i have ever seen in any risk board ever (And my childhood friends and I played a lot of risk growing up). I don't expect to ever see another 5 hour game of risk legacy like that again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis "Moped" Sell
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
I for one welcome our new computer overlords.
badge
Excuse me while I go put out some fires, literally. -ENC Matt Paniczko
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say games were lasting for my groups between 45 min to 2 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.