United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
WA Delegate of The North Pacific on NationStates
badge
Who? Me?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Pandemic a few times now, and won multiple times, with my friends. But we have never beaten the game in the four-player variant.

Do you make slight variations to the game? The only way we've gotten close to winning in the four-player variant is to say that if you simply treat a disease to its eradication, without actually finding the cure, that that counts as eradication.

??? I guess we're cheating...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cheryll Gerk
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
Empress Rin
mbmbmbmbmb
We have won Pandemic with 4 players before. It was pretty darn close though, we would have lost the next turn had we not found the cure right there and then.

You really need a bit of luck for it. Also, I find that it's easiest if you end up with a scientist, medic, dispatcher and researcher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Pandemic: General

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pithagoras wrote:
I've played Pandemic a few times now, and won multiple times, with my friends. But we have never beaten the game in the four-player variant.

Do you make slight variations to the game? The only way we've gotten close to winning in the four-player variant is to say that if you simply treat a disease to its eradication, without actually finding the cure, that that counts as eradication.

??? I guess we're cheating...

4 players is more difficult and you don't say how many epidemics you're using, but just a question. You did know that you don't need to eradicate a disease to win, only cure them all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.