Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
I still wanted to respond to Neil's message, so I will do that now.

nmarlowe062 wrote:
Pieter, it drove me up the wall you calling me out early in the game as a cylon. My plan was to play as if I were human for a while and honestly any bad decision I made up until then was just poor judgement. But once you mentioned brigging me next turn, I figured it was time to go.
I checked, and I was not certain that you WERE a Cylon. Only that if you would do certain things, that would point at you being a Cylon. Your explanation for drawing Politics was OK -- not something that would hold up from the mouth of an experienced player, but from a relatively new player, it was a reasonable explanation. I had my eye on you, but would not have gone for a brigging that quickly (remember, for a while I was wrong about the Chief).

nmarlowe062 wrote:
Most of the advice I read was for new cylons to reveal early instead of trying to sabotage from the inside.
I don't know about that. If you have a great reveal power, maybe. But yours sucked. You could have stayed in hiding longer, and you could have made life miserable for us even if you were highly suspicious but unrevealed.

nmarlowe062 wrote:
I was worried about giving up any more jump icons and avoided caprica towards the end.
That is what I suspected. But remember that (besides the need for Cylons to harm population in this game) crises played from Caprica, while they might give a jump icon, also take cards from the humans' hands, which makes passing other crises harder. I think that humanity benefited from the Cylons avoiding Caprica near the game's end by having sufficient card power to pass the crises that really mattered.

nmarlowe062 wrote:
Playing as a cylon was harder than I thought it would be and I think would've been more fun if I could of stayed hidden longer.
My feeling is that playing as a Cylon is just frustrating. I like playing a human much more. The thing is, the humans are fighting the board and the Cylons, but mostly the board. The Cylons are there to nudge the doom track along a bit, but really cannot do much. So, as a Cylon, you are sitting there seeing luck helping the humans out, and thinking "why can't I interfere with that?"

nmarlowe062 wrote:
My last several draws were awful. If it had a 1 on the card, I was guaranteed to get it.
Maybe, but the point is not to draw high cards. The point is to make the humans uncertain about how much they have to spend on a crisis. And, in Pegasus, to draw nice Treachery now and again (I personally hung on to a Sabotage card for a large chunk of the game just so that the Cylons would not draw it).

nmarlowe062 wrote:
I find in playing I have 2 problems. Most of the time I felt the need to rush myself as to not hold up the game. Sometimes I over analyzed choices.
You shouldn't feel too rushed. The game moved along speedily. But overthinking usually is not very useful in BSG anyway.

nmarlowe062 wrote:
This was fun. Many thanks to Ulrich for modding the rematch. I think you did a great job. Once I get more comfortable with the mechanics and rules, I would really like to try modding. It seems like seeing both sides would be a lot of fun.
It is. If you take it up, do not hesitate to ask questions.

nmarlowe062 wrote:
Congrats to the human team. I hope we were formidable opponents, but I think the crisis deck did more damage at least initially than we could have.
...which is what it is there for...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Tilburg
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have created a thread for the rematch game: BSG 333 - Ode To D'Anna. Please post there if you intend to join.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gábor Zelei
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx for the game, everyone, it was really intense!
thx for modding, Kosh Ulrich!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Feindt
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeller wrote: