Andean Abyss» Forums » Rules

Subject: First game, a few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
The 16th century São João Baptista, also known as Botafogo (Spitfire) was a Portuguese galleon warship considered the most powerful warship in the world at the time.
mbmbmbmbmb
So far so good, the tutorial helps to understand the game and tactics, and I am already enjoying it ;-)

Two questions so far:

(1) The Tutorial specifies on pp7, for the Strike action of the Government, that it takes 2 troop cubes to kill a activated guerrilla in the mountains, but I can not find that in the rules (4.2.2).

2.3.6 Ship on page 5. Does it mean that f.i. if the Cartel has a Shipment and is now ineligible, and say the Government is now executing his Operation, the Cartel could decide to give his shipment to the Government, enabling him a free Limited Operation ?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The action is called ASSAULT, and the rule can be found at 3.2.4 (it should be on page 6). There is a government special operation called AIRSTRIKE, which is completely different, but just so you have it clearly. You can also find this on the menu of operations for each faction, where all these little nitty gritty exceptions are spelled out nicely as a reminder for everyone (including me!).

2. This can be confirmed by others, but I believe the answer is YES! Could make things interesting, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
The 16th century São João Baptista, also known as Botafogo (Spitfire) was a Portuguese galleon warship considered the most powerful warship in the world at the time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nathan, yes it does ;-)

Coming back to the tutorial question it is not an Assault, but an Airstrike - the Government faction is executing this special activity after doing a Sweep Operation (see pp 7 right column). In an Airstrike as far as I know the terrain type is not relevant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpires wrote:
Hi Nathan, yes it does ;-)

Coming back to the tutorial question it is not an Assault, but an Airstrike - the Government faction is executing this special activity after doing a Sweep Operation (see pp 7 right column). In an Airstrike as far as I know the terrain type is not relevant.

An Airstrike doesn't require any cubes! And the terrain (ie. mountain) is not relevant.

4.2.2. Airstrike
3.2.4 Assault

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Global Nomad
Portugal
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I understand now, is correct I was reading it wrongly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreat2 wrote:
1. The action is called ASSAULT, and the rule can be found at 3.2.4 (it should be on page 6). There is a government special operation called AIRSTRIKE, which is completely different, but just so you have it clearly. You can also find this on the menu of operations for each faction, where all these little nitty gritty exceptions are spelled out nicely as a reminder for everyone (including me!).

2. This can be confirmed by others, but I believe the answer is YES! Could make things interesting, no?

Confirmed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.