Subject: Stiff upper lip/aimed fire cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Perry
France
Lacour
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy, just bought, arrived without the skill cards. Is there a downloadable copy somewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lewis
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In each scenario they are used (assigned in the OOB), the text is written in the SSRs.

I think that the actual Skill Cards themselves may have been a bonus/extra for those who pre-ordered the game. Not sure, though.

-Jeff / IDD Developer/Editor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was indeed given to those who preordered

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kaufmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then L&L should at least provide a PDF with the cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why ? So that people who did not preordered have the same advantage as those who did ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kaufmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The shipping costs for L&L-game-preorders are so high, that it makes absolutely no sense for people from Europe to preorder L&L-games these days.

So it would be a nice touch to give other buyers the chance to make their own cards. The scenarios were after all designed with these cards in mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just bought a copy and discovered that the two skills cards were missing.

Searched BGG and found this thread.

Regardless, I have contacted LnL for clarification.

My reason is that I have spotted at least 6 scenarios in my playbook that calls up these card.

I understand bonus items that are only available those that pre-order but these should provide extra features not be required for standard play.

The way I see it is if it is correct that these cards were not included in my copy then it means that almost half of the scenarios in the supplied playbook cannot be played properly.

If that is really what LnL intend then it is pretty shabby behaviour.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nigel, from memory, the actual scenario (special rules I think) gives the information that would have been on the two said cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
normsmith wrote:
Nigel, from memory, the actual scenario (special rules I think) gives the information that would have been on the two said cards.

Okay, will have a look - have only just opened it and checking the contents so far.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As posted by the developer in the 2nd post of this thread,in each scenario they are used (assigned in the OOB), the text is written in the SSRs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
stanguay wrote:
As posted by the developer in the 2nd post of this thread,in each scenario they are used (assigned in the OOB), the text is written in the SSRs.

Thanks, had a chance to look at the rules and I can see what you mean. The rules are there but neither are totally accurate.

Fortunately, we can see the cards on BGG so have the full rules of the cards.

Interestingly, what is really needed are chits to indicate which Leader, Hero or Weapon Team has the skill.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chandler
Arizona (AZ)
flag msg tools
Gott Mit Uns!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Head Artist David Julien made the art work available on his facebook, i just resized them and printed them out from heavy duty cardstock, it looks and works great!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.