United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/276266606/the-ultimate-g...

thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:

Alternatively, these would make nice replacements for the tech/development draw bags. You could even use a small bag for drawing the ancient ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are definitely some nice bags! Thanks for the heads up, not sure if I'll get them for your suggested use but I think I may need a few of these for dice bags or maybe for my games that have a blind draw mechanism although they may be a bit small for the latter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:
talusproteus wrote:

Alternatively, these would make nice replacements for the tech/development draw bags. You could even use a small bag for drawing the ancient ships.

That's an awful tiny bag, do you think it would be big enough?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar Per
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:

Nice looking bags, but (for me at least) the leather doesn't fit the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZillaGod wrote:
talusproteus wrote:
talusproteus wrote:

Not sure. To be honest, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out whether the races would fit inside the medium bags (instead of the large ones). I've got cube trays that I like to store with each race, and I'd like to be able to fit them in the bag. Not sure it's worth $100+ just for race bags though (sandwich bags are waaaaaay cheaper and get the job done just fine).

On the other hand, I'm not that big a fan of the draw bags provided with the game. They are nice, but kind of...odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:
ZillaGod wrote:
talusproteus wrote:
talusproteus wrote:

Not sure. To be honest, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out whether the races would fit inside the medium bags (instead of the large ones). I've got cube trays that I like to store with each race, and I'd like to be able to fit them in the bag. Not sure it's worth $100+ just for race bags though (sandwich bags are waaaaaay cheaper and get the job done just fine).

On the other hand, I'm not that big a fan of the draw bags provided with the game. They are nice, but kind of...odd.

I know, right? I felt the same way when I saw them in the bottom of the box. They just don't seem to fit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used colored zip-lock baggies which I prefer over sandwich bags. The 3x5 ones were pretty full, but I'll be upgrading to 4x6 and I think I can fit one cube tray in each bag then too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
I used colored zip-lock baggies which I prefer over sandwich bags. The 3x5 ones were pretty full, but I'll be upgrading to 4x6 and I think I can fit one cube tray in each bag then too.

Nice! My problem...I have ROTA too. robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:

Yeah, I have it on the way, not sure how I will fit it all into the original box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
talusproteus wrote:

Yeah, I have it on the way, not sure how I will fit it all into the original box

I switched from a plano to using 2 GMT trays and it fits great (I even have a dice tower). Just looking for better bags for my bits, now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:
I switched from a plano to using 2 GMT trays and it fits great (I even have a dice tower). Just looking for better bags for my bits, now.

I was hoping 2 GMT trays would work. Right now I have one GMT and one Plano as you may notice in the picture. I can hook you up with the 4x6 colored baggies if you are interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
talusproteus wrote:

I was hoping 2 GMT trays would work. Right now I have one GMT and one Plano as you may notice in the picture. I can hook you up with the 4x6 colored baggies if you are interested.

Yes, please! I'll PM you my address.

Where did you get them, by the way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I just ran a Kickstarter for them, plan to start shipping in May.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
Actually, I just ran a Kickstarter for them, plan to start shipping in May.

Reeeally? Was it for Eclipse specifically? And do I owe you any bling-bling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for general gaming usage. If you want just the set for Eclipse I'll send them for free, but of you want more we can work out something via PM: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/85695321/colored-baggies....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
Just for general gaming usage. If you want just the set for Eclipse I'll send them for free, but of you want more we can work out something via PM: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/85695321/colored-baggies....

Just for Eclipse is fine...although if you have beige, grey, and magenta (for ROTA) that would be awesome.

Let me know if/what I owe you. I can always use clear baggies for whatever you don't send.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:

So was this a one time deal or do you plan to sell these through some other outlet sometime in the near future? They are pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrard Unmack
Australia
Geelong
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For my game I use ultra pro deck boxes. They are available in a range of different colours and are all of a standard size, fit ll the components for a player, other than cube racks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EvilGez wrote:
For my game I use ultra pro deck boxes. They are available in a range of different colours and are all of a standard size, fit ll the components for a player, other than cube racks.

What about ROTA pieces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZillaGod wrote:
kirkbauer wrote:

So was this a one time deal or do you plan to sell these through some other outlet sometime in the near future? They are pretty cool.

In June I hope to get a small store online at www.boardgamestorage.com.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerrard Unmack
Australia
Geelong
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Threre are about 12 different colours available in the deck boxes, they don't quite match ROTA but still work. Pink for the Magenta player, Brown for the Natural/ light brown player, and clear for the Grey player. And I use an extra box for the randon other pieces. Works well for me. and when packing up, each player can easily pack their stuff into the matching colour box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know. Get a few cheap zip-lock bags and spend the money you save buy not buying these leather bags on more games meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomas H
msg tools
PzVIE wrote:
I don't know. Get a few cheap zip-lock bags and spend the money you save buy not buying these leather bags on more games meeple

..more games?? Are you saying that one would want buy a game after Eclipse? Surely you jest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuomas H wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

..more games?? Are you saying that one would want buy a game after Eclipse? Surely you jest.

Oh yes. I think a bought a few after Eclipse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.