Andy Kooyer
United States
Edina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The fat is in the fire
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

We played our first game of SM6E last night and everything went fairly well. It was a two player game, so we utilized the two player dummy hand rules. Our starting Marvels were "Mars Terraform" and "Deep Field Telescope." The winning score was 52 and the losing score was in the 30s. We had a few comments and questions in regards to the rules and Marvels that I will lay out below:

1. When receiving the last two cards of an age, is one played and the other discarded (ala 7 Wonders), or is the last card passed and played? I checked the rules a few times and didn't see this rule mentioned. We passed the last card and played it and it seemed to work OK.

2. In the "End of Age - Conflict Phase" section of the rules, the rules refer to "your number of shields" in the scoring per age. Is that interchangeable with Military Icons? That is how we played it, so it might just be a nitpick for the next rules revision.

3. For the "Deep Field Telescope" Marvel, does the third Marvel stage read "Gain one Victory Point for each Organization in the player's Tableau"? That is how we interpreted it.

4. The "Mars Terraform" wonder seems under powered. Does each stage only give credits for completing it? For the first and second stage, it would seem to be better to discard a card for 3 credits instead of completing the stage for 1 and 2 credits respectively.

5. For the Organizations, I feel there should be a special note that they are scored last instead of at the time they are built. We had a minor confusion as the player was scoring them immediately like the Culture cards, but we were able to resolve it.

Overall it played as I expected it to play from reading the rules and looking at the cards and Marvels. The final game scoring made sense and using euro cubes to track the VPs and currency was an improvement over 7 Wonders (in my humble opinion).

Kudos for your work on the redesign! I look forward to playing it again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for giving it a try

in answer:

1. yes you pass/play all the tiles. because there are only 24 per age, when playing with four players, each only plays 6 tiles, having to discard one of these would make the rounds too short. so i decided to ignore that rule from 7 Wonders

2. shields are the military icons yes. i'll go back and make that adjustment

3. yes 1VP for each purple tile in your tableau

4. you could be right. i was looking for a wide range of different marvel bonuses for players to try out.

5. this is mentioned in the rules under scoring about totaling their VP after the game ends. the icons do not have the 1 pip hex symbol on them (the icon for score/use when played) either so, no, they should not be scored when played but at game end

your scores seem in the range i've experienced. thanks for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Kooyer
United States
Edina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The fat is in the fire
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your answers! I appreciate greatly! I will keep them in mind when we play it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.