Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: King of the Nerds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else watching this show on TBS (Thursday nights)??

I am finding it hilarious honestly. In more ways than one.

Some of these people are true hardcore nerds, while a couple are just little posers and flat out annoying.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
I haven't seen it as I don't have cable. Though someone my wife knows from college is on it. Maybe we'll get the low down from them later about it all, heh.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to believe that one of the contestants is on here as a user lol

REVEAL YOURSELF!!!!!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clark
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also cable-less, but I watched the first episode on tbs.com.

I thought it was enjoyable enough. I understand that reality tv is completely manipulated so as to remove any reality from it, but the group of nerds seems likable and some of them are involved in some pretty cool stuff (NASA!) I'll definitely check out the next episode.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't watched, but I think it's great that Lewis and Booger are hosting. And since Urkel also has a game show on Syfy, it's only a matter of time before Screech gets one.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Heinrich
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Contact me to play a RPG forum game!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you watch the shows without having cable? It keeps asking me for a "provider" name and entry code from a cable/supplier company.

MplsMatt wrote:
I am also cable-less, but I watched the first episode on tbs.com.

I thought it was enjoyable enough. I understand that reality tv is completely manipulated so as to remove any reality from it, but the group of nerds seems likable and some of them are involved in some pretty cool stuff (NASA!) I'll definitely check out the next episode.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
asutbone wrote:
I haven't watched, but I think it's great that Lewis and Booger are hosting. And since Urkel also has a game show on Syfy, it's only a matter of time before Screech gets one.


We watched Total Blackout too (Urkel's show). It was lame, yet funny. Definitely felt set up and faked though. But still has a funny element

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clark
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
heinrichsteven wrote:
How did you watch the shows without having cable? It keeps asking me for a "provider" name and entry code from a cable/supplier company.


You're right. Last week I just connected to tbs.com through Hulu and now they're asking for a cable provider. Maybe that was just a promotional thing for the first episode? Maybe my cable internet is cable enough?

I'll have to take a look at it using my home computer, but it's not going to ruin my day if I never get to watch it again.(or it will be a pleasant netflix surprise in a few months)

edit: grammar
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is hilarious, but so awkward to watch.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NyQuil Driver wrote:
It is hilarious, but so awkward to watch.


I was legit upset last night when Jon lost. The show won't be the same without the metal scream

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler alerts dude! The show is only a day old, I hadn't watched it yet!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Djcheddar wrote:
I have to believe that one of the contestants is on here as a user lol

REVEAL YOURSELF!!!!!


See, the thing is, as we all know, there's really not a king per se. We prefer to be ruled by a concordium, with a triumverate overseeing the delegations.

Really, it's all quite simple. I don't know why people don't get it.

(I so wanted to add something about 'fear keeping the local systems in line' but just couldn't figure out how to make it work...)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chips Reynolds
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NyQuil Driver wrote:
Spoiler alerts dude! The show is only a day old, I hadn't watched it yet!


Sorry I destroyed your life! NERD
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S H
United States
Merrillville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffreyac wrote:
See, the thing is, as we all know, there's really not a king per se. We prefer to be ruled by a concordium, with a triumverate overseeing the delegations.

Really, it's all quite simple. I don't know why people don't get it.


I thought we were an autonomous commune. Taking it in turns to act as a sort of Executive-Officer-for-the-Week...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.