Popular Tags: [View All]
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all-

New(ish) member of the forums with a question. I'm a graphic designer by trade, and I'm creating my own Carcassonne storage case for everything (base game, all expansions, pieces, Winter Edition), and I am in the process of creating divider cards for the tiles. I'm trying to find good clean (vector) copies of all the expansion icons (pig, fairy, bridge, wheel, etc.) that appear on the tiles. However, most everything I have been able to find so far are scanned / rasterized versions, and they are very pixelated. (I'm a perfectionist I guess...) I did find nice icons for the 6 mini-expansions by downloading the rules PDFs from HiG and extracting the icons out of them through Illustrator, and those are exactly ws I was looking for. I suppose I could scan my printed copies of the other expansion materials to get somewhat decent version of the other icons, but...perfectionist as I mentioned! Does anyone have the icons in a good quality format, or know where I can get the rest of them?

One additional note: I found an iPhone app called "Carcassonne Helper" that looks like it uses some really nice clean icons of all the expansions, but I have not been able to find any contact information for the app developer (Lunit AB) to ask them where they got those icons.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JCloisterZone has some fairly large scans of the tiles. You can get them from github where the project's source code is hosted (https://github.com/farin/JCloisterZone/). Drill down to the folder JCloisterZone / src / main / resources / plugins / hig / tiles and you'll find them all in sub-folders per expansion.

Not sure if they're high enough quality for what you want, but may be worth a look.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. I'll give that a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arvid Duchateau
Netherlands
Utrecht
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mb
A good idea would be to download the German rules in PDF from Hans im Gluck and import the PDF's to Adobe Illustrator. You could extract the vector images.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Burn
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Arvid84 wrote:
You could extract the vector images.

There isn't much, if any, most are rasterized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I tried that already, and as mentioned, some are rasterized. I grabbed the ones that were true vector, and wound up just redrawing all the rest in Illustrator, Now I have a complete set, all vector. I'm in the midst of creating my own custom carrying/storage box for everything, and when it's all done, I'll post pictures here (in the appropriate thread). We're talking card stock and laminated divider cards for all the tile sets, with simplified rules (some courtesy of Tom's tuckboxes) printed on each, custom-made drawstring bags in all 10 meeple colors to store the color sets of pieces, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Davenport
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmb
Could you also post a zip file of the vector icons? Would love to have them, but do not have the technical know how to pull it off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted the set of vector icons. I'll post again when they are approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.