Subject: Werewolf Marriage Proposal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Bobalex
United States
brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
So tomorrow, I am proposing to my girlfriend of 3.5 years and what better what then over a game of werewolf? We are both gamers and she has no idea it's coming

Anyway, I was hoping this forum could help me a bit on the actual logistics and execution of the proposal. I was planning on waiting until the last round of eyes closed, and durin this time, I would have all my friends clear the room, me change into my tux, light a candle between us, and turn off the lights. I will tell her to open her eyes and then do my thang.

What do you guys think??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy

California
msg tools
zutman888 wrote:
So tomorrow, I am proposing to my girlfriend of 3.5 years and what better what then over a game of werewolf? We are both gamers and she has no idea it's coming

Anyway, I was hoping this forum could help me a bit on the actual logistics and execution of the proposal. I was planning on waiting until the last round of eyes closed, and durin this time, I would have all my friends clear the room, me change into my tux, light a candle between us, and turn off the lights. I will tell her to open her eyes and then do my thang.

What do you guys think??

Hey,man,congratulations!
There is a suggest maybe can create a more poetic environment to your proposal,you can create a shape of a heart by candles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
#Message <channel name>
badge
I might suggest asking this sub-forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Wu wrote:
zutman888 wrote:

What do you guys think??

Hey,man,congratulations!
There is a suggest maybe can create a more poetic environment to your proposal,you can create a shape of a heart by candles!

Ditch the tux. Dress up as a werewolf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bobalex
United States
brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Haha, love the suggestions, will def do a heart shaped candle setup...but might pass on dressing up as the werewolf, even though it is hilarious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Possible
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll want some music in the background or something to mask the sound of that many people up and moving around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer Mom
United States
Berwick
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zutman888 wrote:

What do you guys think??

Congrats Alex!

First thought... try not to have everything be "perfect". Expect the unexpected... like your gf might have to go to the bathroom during "eyes shut". It's ok... be flexible and adapt.

But what I loved about my husband's proposal to me... he got down on a knee and told me I was the most beautiful woman he had ever met... and that he wanted to share a lifetime with me. It's been 23 years and we're still together! He still did this, even after we had an argument earlier that evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
JesterPoet wrote:
Andy Wu wrote:
zutman888 wrote:

What do you guys think??

Hey,man,congratulations!

Ditch the tux. Dress up as a werewolf.

Unless your girlfriend has got an amazing sense-of-humor...

NO on the werewolf costume. yuk

CONGRATULATIONS!! And bravo for your for putting in effort to be creative. My "proposal" was bedside with my now-husband in boxers after we were pregnant already. No romance at all!! laugh Fortunately, I do have an amazing sense-of-humor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Heisenberg wrote:
I might suggest asking this sub-forum.

Or, you could run it by in Women in Gaming. Hey. Know your market!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how you are going to manage all of that in less than 1 minute ... All the people leaving ... you lighting candles... getting on a tux etc. might be a tough go.

Better to plan it out carefully. Let everyone know (except her) what your up to. Script the game ... so that you get eliminated the turn or so before the last night ... while she is still in the game and has to participate.

You excuse yourself to the washroom to get ready (wear most of the tux under your clothes). She will notice the room going dark even with her eyes closed ... so have someone hit the lights just before she is to open her eyes. I would have everyone stay in the room and perhaps have them light their bic lighters (aka rocky horror picture show style) to create the instant mood in the room. Then you won't have to get everyone out of there which would be next to impossible.

Great idea if you get it right. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wisser
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Yes, I know "faith" is misspelled ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds hard to pull off. You'd have to make sure she is still in the round at that time, so everyone would have to be in on it. Also, to maximize your time you'd want to be out of the game earlier on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Aura

California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrtats!!!!!

I dunno how you're going to pull all of that off when her eyes are closed.

Also, don't mind to improve, you might have to.

have fun!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Drozek-Fitzwater
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 and a half years and she has no idea? That can't be good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, seeing the thread title I sort of assumed you were going to slip her a role card that said "Wife" and yours would say "Husband". Something roughly like that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
Judging by the fact there is no follow-up on this story ... can we assume that this idea a) did not pan out as planned or 2) was abandoned on more sober thought?? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mandiekinz
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Professor Xavier convinced Katniss to leave her home at 221B Baker Street. She jumped into the Impala shouting, "Allons-y!" .....
badge
.... to take The Ring down the yellow brick road, all through the black of the 'verse, to Narnia, to shine like a star, while saving the Enterprise from the Six-fingered Slytherin Sith.
mbmbmbmbmb
c) panned out really well and they're enjoying their time together being newly engaged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think simpler equally bette rin this case. Have the others leave the room, get on you knee and ask. You don't need a tux and lighting the candles would take too much time, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bobalex
United States
brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
She said yes laugh

http://youtu.be/bZKNl34049c
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zutman888 wrote:

Congratulations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"Federer is Betterer"
mbmbmbmbmb
zutman888 wrote:

Pretty Girl. Congrats!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratz!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.