Subject: Android Version rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused...I've thought an Android version was confirmed but if I'm reading the forum here, it seems not sure yet, that one is released?

Would be great if the devs could do a statement regarding this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Marco,

Unfortunately an Android version is not in the works. There are significant technical and artistic difficulties in supporting multiple screen sizes and resolutions.

However, we will be releasing the iOS game on the Mac App Store and as a Windows application (available from DVG.com).

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin,

this is sad news.

Frankly, I do not fully understand the reason...since there are a lot of Android apps, which do resize. And on Windows there are different screen resolutions as well ...so I guess there is not enough budget to do it all ?

And why do you not just support two screen resolutions (e.g Nexus-7 resolution and Full-HD)...this would be IMO fully ok.

This app is anyways not consumed by casual 'I focus on good graphics' gamers and the fans surely would accept graphical inconsistencies...

BR Marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harris
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Any thoughts of putting it on the Windows App Store for Win 8 RT/Pro?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
Canada
Saskatoon
SK
flag msg tools
mbmb
Code Baboon wrote:
Any thoughts of putting it on the Windows App Store for Win 8 RT/Pro?

Yes. The game engine we have developed on currently does not target Windows 8. Once it does our game should run on it. In the meantime this will be a downloadable executable from DVG.com.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LargeGoblin
msg tools
I just found out there's an iPad version of this so I rushed over here to see if there was an Android version I could play on my Nexus 10. I'm sad now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.