Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize that not every mechanical interaction has to have a coherent 'flavor' (in fact, that would be basically impossible in a game this complex), but there are a few gaps in my imagination that come up a lot.

One of them is: What does a Grasp look like when a style lets it hit beyond range 1, especially if the Grasper chooses to move the opponent *closer* to them?

I'm not sure why I accept that every single fighter has some kind of fireball-- this is a fighting game, after all!-- but get hung up on not being able to picture what a Gunner Grasp by Rukyuk looks like.

Anyway, I'm curious what, if anything, other people imagine when they play ranged Grasps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
I always imagine something similar to Scorpion's harpoon if it's really far away. If it's only 2 spaces away, I figure they reach out with their weapon (like Vanaah) or they might strech out to pull them in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could imagine they just stagger forward. Or in other cases, visualize Dhalsim. Or just a shockwave that pulls them closer or something obviously magical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Connellan
United States
Binghamton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
Magnets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São José do Rio Preto
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grapling hook, harpoon, lasso, long limbs, so many many choices its not even funny...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim P.
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With characters like Kehrolyn or Lixis, I could imagine them using tentacles or grasping vines that grow from the ground, respectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
One Armed Bandit
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunner Grasp = rapid covering fire /spray&pray that makes the target move forward in search of cover
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.