Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Nightfall: Martial Law» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Wounds and Feed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
All of the Martial Law wound cards state "Feed: Discard 1 card". Does this mean only Martial Law wound cards can be used for the feed action? None of the other wound cards mention anything about feeding so I'm curious if discarding wound cards for the feed action is limited to just the Martial Law wounds. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hinze
United States
Fort Worth
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Fanboy Radio - the voice of comics and gaming - fanboyradio.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you can feed the Martial Law wound effect with any wound cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


From the Official FAQ / Encyclopedia:

This effect may only be used on your own turn, during your combat phase. You may activate it anytime during the phase, even after defending minions have been assigned. You may use any type of wound (original, Martial Law or Coldest War) to feed the effect. You may select different targets each time the effect is resolved. If you activate this effect, you cannot use the original Nightfall wound effect to draw cards during your cleanup phase.

Edit: ninja
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I understand this correctly in order to trigger the "feed" action I must discard 1 Martial Law wound card? I guess I'm confused because some minion cards just state "Feed: Discard 2 cards". But that text also exists on the Martial Law wound cards stating "Feed: Discard 1 wound". So do you have to discard a martial law wound to trigger the feed effect on minions? Or is the feed text on the martial law wound card just there to note that you may also discard a wound card (in addition to any other type of card) for a minion's feed action. Thanks for the follow-ups and I appreciate the explanation! This one's been confusing me and I'm teaching the game next week. Gotta make sure I've got it correct!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
s3rvant wrote:
You may use any type of wound (original, Martial Law or Coldest War) to feed the effect.

No, you can use any wound to feed the Martial Law wound feed text. If it required a specific wound it would specify, e.g., Feed: Discard 1 Martial Law wound.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
s3rvant wrote:
s3rvant wrote:
You may use any type of wound (original, Martial Law or Coldest War) to feed the effect.

No, you can use any wound to feed the Martial Law wound feed text. If it required a specific wound it would specify, e.g., Feed: Discard 1 Martial Law wound.


I think I get it, discard that particular wound to increase the strength of target minion by 1 and discard any other wounds to increase the strength further. Brains not firing on all cylinders today, lol.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
I think I get it, discard that particular wound to increase the strength of target minion by 1 and discard any other wounds to increase the strength further.

Yep! You got it
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
s3rvant wrote:
skyzero wrote:
I think I get it, discard that particular wound to increase the strength of target minion by 1 and discard any other wounds to increase the strength further.

Yep! You got it


Thanks for the response and gift to the gaming community! After playing a gazillion games of Nightfall on the IOS, I've started buying up all the physical copies. Keep the expansions coming both digital and physical! I'll be teaching and spreading the Nightfall fandom
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
s3rvant wrote:
skyzero wrote:
I think I get it, discard that particular wound to increase the strength of target minion by 1 and discard any other wounds to increase the strength further.

Yep! You got it


Thanks for the response and gift to the gaming community! After playing a gazillion games of Nightfall on the IOS, I've started buying up all the physical copies. Keep the expansions coming both digital and physical! I'll be teaching and spreading the Nightfall fandom


That's what I like to hear!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.