Popular Tags: [View All]
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 player game

We will start when we have 3 players or Sunday evening, whichever comes first. RB PBF noobs will be given preference, but we won't wait.

Game thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/919766
Autoplay commands: http://careyj.com/runebound/
Automation thread: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/907109 - for house rules and checking if suspecting server problems.
Official rules: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/Runebound/IoD_...

Setup

Game will have weird mix simply to change things up.
* Heroes from Island, Frozen, DungeonQuest, and Promos.
* Market decks from Island, Artifacts, Relics, Rituals, Walkers

House Rules

See the standard pbf rules here.

Every player will draw 3 heroes to choose from. Choose one.

No heroes are banned, but Trenloe will not level up faster, Hugo does not block extra damage, and Corbin Axebearer will suffer -1 damage for every fatigue token he has (yes, he could hurt himself; it's dangerous swinging an axe when you're so tired). If you draw one of these three and you post the words "[hero name] is ridiculously OP, I refuse to play with him", you will be allowed to draw another hero.

Due to the market decks selected, there are no house rules needed for ghost armor or charmer flute.

Technical details

There are not a lot of rules to know. If you ever unsure what to do, post in this thread in order to keep the game thread separate from housekeeping and digressions.

On the game thread, submit commands on new posts.
* Edited posts are ignored by the scripting server.
* Multiple commands can be submitted on a single post and are processed in order starting at the top.
* Commands before any quoted text is also ignored.

There are a few conventions that have proved to be helpful. See PBF 14 for examples.
* when moving, indicate what terrain type is being moved into, and what die (or ability) allows that.
* for combat, edit the same post repeatedly, adding new lines for each phase and round of the fight. That way, each encounter is kept on a single post.
* mark the end of your turn with something like a bold END OF TURN, to make it clear to the next player that they're up.

We're aiming for at least one move per person per day. If you won't be able to make a move for more than a day due to other obligations, as a courtesy please post something in this thread.

GeekGold to
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for automated PBF and IOD!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to make a game once #15 got underway

I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can do 1 move a day I'll take a low-priority spot though if someone with less experience wants to play, since I've already played an IoD game.

Also, I would recommend capping at 3. From experience with this map, 4 is very very crowded at the start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose 4 would be fine if everyone started out with an experience level. You'll run out of greens otherwise and everyone would have to take to the dangerous seas before you're ready.

If you'll notice only two of the gems on the mainland actually refresh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GilgaTex wrote:
Also, I would recommend capping at 3. From experience with this map, 4 is very very crowded at the start.

Oh really, good to know. So 5 and 6 are also out presumably. Is the game itself rated for fewer people than base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWashington wrote:
GilgaTex wrote:

Oh really, good to know. So 5 and 6 are also out presumably. Is the game itself rated for fewer people than base game?

Haha, no. Fantasy Flight doesn't play that way. This is a much smaller map because of all the blank sea areas. It just makes sense it won't fit 5 or 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmmm, i guess i'll lower this to 3 then. we could start or wait to see if one more person with less exp wants to slide into your spot, Carey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh lets go ahead and start Nothing stopping people from starting another concurrent game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in joining. I've never played IoD (it's out of print), but I can post regularly throughout the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To fix captain danny

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, no wonder, he was put in Trelton. Guess I should do danny fist, THEN other market stacks.

so instead do

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
I'd be interested in joining. I've never played IoD (it's out of print), but I can post regularly throughout the day.

ah, sorry Thomas. I just on the other screen setting it up, didn't see your post until now. I suspect there will be another one running very soon by Mishu or Drew though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No worries, I can watch from the sidelines

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, forgot to subscribe here. It's not in my catch all regular PBF forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWashington wrote:

No heroes are banned, but Trenloe will not level up faster, Hugo does not block extra damage, and Corbin Axebearer will suffer -1 damage for every fatigue token he has (yes, he could hurt himself; it's dangerous swinging an axe when you're so tired). If you draw one of these three and you post the words "[hero name] is ridiculously OP, I refuse to play with him", you will be allowed to draw another hero.

I would say Hugo has a minimum of 1, instead of 0. I think that would make it less OP while still giving him a slight advantage (his stats aren't good enough to stand alone without some ability)

But you already discarded him, so it doesn't really matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero questions:
Zyla skips melee phase once, or the melee phase for the rest of the combat? If just once - if she defends range once, can she pay addtl fatigue to skip addtl melee phases, much as jaes pays addtl fatigue to do addtl damage?

Karnon's Ally tax would affect captains as well? Seems particularly disadvantageous in IoD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I'd think you'd need to do it per melee phase.

2) I don't believe captains are considered "Allies."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Mish said.

The IoD rulebook says it on page 1 under the Captain's component entry, "not considered allies."

Zyla, like many cards, probably meant to have "this round" tagged at the end. Otherwise, per-combat would be really OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the fact that it says skip "the" melee phase instead of "every" melee phase that clinches it for me.

Also, I played her in #9, I played her having to test and pay every round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah , i figured that on the first one, but i've been wrong in several of my interpretations so far, so put it out there.

Surprised on the second, but then I didn't read the rules very carefully yet. Don't own this one, since they're going for $75 - 100.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think there's supposed to be any base game yellow cards, and I've drawn two in a row. Going to let Carey handle this whenever he has a minute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mishu Gashu
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
► Cast Fire? ◄
badge
► Cast Fire? ◄
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, looks like my green and Carey's green were also base game cards. Something's definitely wrong here. IoD should be replacing these cards, not supplementing them.

Island of Dread Rules wrote:
In addition, the expansion includes new green, yellow, and red adventure decks. These decks replace the adventure decks from your main Runebound board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, you're right...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a really bad bug that is extremely difficult to fix by hand. I need to fix it and we need to start over. Sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carey J
United States
Wichita Falls
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, it's fixed. We don't have to make a new game thread, but we do need to manually reset our stats and move back to start.

Again sorry about that, missed a "break" on a switch statement so it added both IoD and the default.

Not sure why it didn't come up on our last game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.