Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/86454/cube-draft-list-budg...

This is my first attempt at building a cube. Budget is somewhat limited, and it's by no means a powered cube. The idea is for the various colors and strategies to be pretty well balanced. I really like cards that make you want to build around them or do something unique, but this is tough in a draft format. I've tried to avoid cards that give bonuses for "elves" for example. To give an idea, one of my favorite cards is Abyssal Persecutor. (It will be added to the cube as soon as I get one.)

There are a few themes here, Artifacts is the primary one. Many cards reward having lots of artifacts and there is a decent amount of artifact destruction as well. In addition, this cube contains more artifacts than most cubes do (in terms of percentage). Infect is a viable option, as is going with a 3-color deck (lots of color-fixing). Sweepers exist, but are generally somewhat underpowered. I worry that evasion may be a bit too prevalent, at least in comparison to good removal.

What I am interested in:

-Cards that you would add/remove if this were your cube

-Colors that you think are over/underpowered

-Archetypes. Are there any that you see? Are any too powerful?

-Is it feasible to work a milling strategy into some cards? I love alternate win conditions, but most mill cards are so useless unless that is your whole strategy

-Does this look like fun to a serious Magic player, or is this cube strictly for the kitchen table with novices?

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to bump this. I've got 13 downloads and zero thumbs up on this, so it's obviously not very exciting to the people who have seen it. Definitely interested in any suggestions anyone has. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.