Popular Tags: [View All]
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...could you post a pretty picture like Haiku did? I don't know about the others, but I have difficulties "imagining" such situations without actually seeing the cards.

Edit: note that the OP deleted his puzzle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Gardner
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
The first post was removed by swingjunkie. This is my reconstruction of his puzzle (from my own memory):

Quote:
You're playing NBN and the game hasn't been going well for you. You can't draw any ICE for the life of you. You've only been able to get 2 ICE out the whole game.

Your opponent is playing Shaper and is winning (5-0). They have the three amigos (Gordian blade, Corroder, Ninja) in play as well as a full Armitage Codebreaking. They ran your R&D last turn and hit a Snare, depleting their hand but they opted to use their last click to get rid of the tag instead of using their decoy (for fear of SEA Source/Scorched Earth). Your hand is filling up with agendas and you suspect that this is your last turn. What can you do to score the most points and make the most of this game?

You have a Wall of Static in front of R&D, and a rezzed Archer (you sacked a breaking news earlier) on a remote server with a Private Security Force behind it advanced three times.

Runner: 0 cards in hand, 4 credits

Your hand: AutoSript Pilot Program, Biotic Labor, SanSan City Grid, Aggressive Negotiations, Priority Requisition(?)

(You can use Aggressive Negotiations to retrieve any card, assume you included just the right one)

You draw another Biotic Labor on your turn.
You have 15 credits.
Go.

My answer:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The easy answer to your puzzle would be to score PSF and use Aggressive Negotiation to search for a Neural EMP which is magically added to your deck (according to the description) and use it.

I was working on a more complex answer, but I don't think it works because the corp would be one credit short... but I'll post it anyway.

Biotic Labor (-4 credits, +1 click)
Biotic Labor (-4 credits, + 1 click)
Install SanSan (-1 click)
Rez SanSan (-6 credits)
Score Private Security Force
Aggressive Negotiation to search for Breaking News (-1 credit, -1 click)
Install Breaking News (-1 click)
Advance once (-1 credit, -1 click)
Score Breaking News
Private Security Force for 1 meat damage (-1 click)

Edit: Also note, the agenda is called AstroScript Pilot Program
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can easily see 4 points.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Biotic Labor
Install and Rez SanSan City Grid, scoring PSF
Install Astroscript
Advance twice and score

This leaves you with 3 credits and 0 actions. I'm sure there's something clever that uses that Astroscript token, but I don't know what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Original post deleted due to miscalculations and oversights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
swingjunkie wrote:
Original post deleted due to miscalculations and oversights.

Thx. I was confuse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Gardner
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I think removing the whole post is a little drastic... now there are just floating replies with no context.

Edit: I will try to recreate the puzzle from memory... give me a little time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't delete data like that.

If the puzzle had an error, that's fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric F
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
RTFM!
mbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
Please don't delete data like that.

If the puzzle had an error, that's fine.

You can also edit the whole post and say "mah bad, updating it".

I was confused myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My assumption was that it would delete the entire thread if I did that. Didn't mean to leave you all high and dry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Gardner
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Original Puzzle (recreated from memory):

You're playing NBN and the game hasn't been going well for you. You can't draw any ICE for the life of you. You've only been able to get 2 ICE out the whole game.

Your opponent is playing Shaper and is winning (5-0). They have the three amigos (Gordian blade, Corroder, Ninja) in play as well as a full Armitage Codebreaking. They ran your R&D last turn and hit a Snare, depleting their hand but they opted to use their last click to get rid of the tag instead of using their decoy (for fear of SEA Source/Scorched Earth). Your hand is filling up with agendas and you suspect that this is your last turn. What can you do to score the most points and make the most of this game?

You have a Wall of Static in front of R&D, and a rezzed Archer (you sacked a breaking news earlier) on a remote server with a Private Security Force behind it advanced three times.

Runner: 0 cards in hand, 4 credits

Your hand: AstroSript Pilot Program, Biotic Labor, SanSan City Grid, Aggressive Negotiations, Priority Requisition(?)

(You can use Aggressive Negotiations to retrieve any card, assume you included just the right one)

You draw another Biotic Labor on your turn.
You have 15 credits.
Go.

Edit: moved closer to the top of the thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Gardner
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I'm guessing OP wanted to give the runner net shield, and give the corp one more credit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra credit, yes. Netshield no, just forgot about EMP's existance cause I so rarely see it played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Gardner
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I can edit/remove my posts if you would like to create a revised version of your puzzle. I did find it fun to think about, and I would hate for you to feel locked in to a miscalculation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its ok. I'd just repost if an admin would delete the thread for me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Maybe there should be a puzzle geeklist that people can subscribe to so they don't miss a puzzle? Tweaking of individual puzzles (rules checks, proofreading, etc) can happen in another thread, or in another geeklist, or in geekmails or what-have-you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
Love is YOU
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about just deleting the whole thread? This is more a heap of leftover posts now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.