Subject: [GUIDE] Towards Prototypical Anarch Decks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bingo Little
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
This thread should contain a discussion around parts of decks so that eventually we can converge on prototypical anarch decks. Eventually, consensus will distill to a guide of sorts where hopefully we can take a birds eye view at the "essential" distribution of cards for: anarch R+D mill anarch, always wyldeside anarch, virus recycle anarch.

Rather than posting full decks, let's start with pieces of decks. I'd like many anarch runner's to come out with different elements of their decks so supporting rationale so we can come to a consensus as to what the optimal set of cards is, like a core, for things like econ, breakers, and viruses for different deck subtypes.

Two straigthforward subjects to start should be econ and breakers. What do you play? What do you see as things that are essential and things that could be modified based ont he type of anarch deck?

Start a post with what kind of anarch you are. Try to fit a startegy into a one-liner. Eventually, we'll find a definition for an anarch type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Little
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
No Medium, Breaker anarch
[context] wyldeside x2, djinn x3, imp x3, medium x0

cyberfeeder x3
armitage codebusting x1
liberated accounts x2
aesop's x2
easy mark x3
(stimhack x2)
(ice carver x2)

Above is my economy core. Forged activation x3 is also a pseudo econ card here and if I didn't have it I'd try another liberated account and another armitage. I experimented heavily with bank job x3 instead of easy mark, but going down to easy mark seems significantly more consistent and faster given wyldeside (no install before use).

If I were going for wylde anarch or absolutely had to break R+D as a mill anarch, I'd probably want more liberated accounts and maybe modded instead of easy mark kinds of things because of the click efficiency.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your first decision in making your Anarch deck is: Am I aggro or control.

If you choose control, you play Wyldside and Pawnshop and work on building a huge virus rig. And if you dont draw Wyldside early you try to make it work as an aggro deck instead.

If you choose aggro you avoid Wyldside and run a lot more early on, hoping that the combination of early points + agenda mills from the noise ability will win you the game. You do have a lategame transition of drawing through for your rig and installing it, unlike a criminal, but the process is slow without Wyldside so if it gets to this part of the game and you havent scored much your chances are fading.

I'd never completely cut Medium becuase I think it is both strong early if you can get through, and one of the best lategame attack plans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.