mbmbmbmbmb
Slugged it out with
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

at lunch today. Called the game due to time (but I was going to win anyway ).

A couple questions from our first play through (sorry if some are obvious, we just want to make sure):

Templar rear power: You use this when the templar is in the rear, but then he ends up somewhere else. Could you use the power to switch him to the vanguard and then attack?

Fighter flank/rear: These powers specify that his melee attack is increased. If I use the leader who gives everyone ranged attacks, does that modify not apply to the fighter's ranged attacks?

Overlord flank/rear power: Do normal melee restrictions apply here (e.g. if someone in the vanguard wave is in front of the leader, s/he's SOL)?

Mascot flank rear: This gives the other hero a ranged attack, even if s/he doesn't have one?

Mystic flank: This reduces the damage the forerunner takes from attacks by 1 - does that include damage from orders or other effects (like a Vanguard knight)?

Scientist vanguard: I'm guessing this refers to whichever the next wave of your opponent is (e.g. if I'm going first it affects my opponent's vanguard wave, if I'm going second, it affects my opponent's upcoming flank wave)

Otherwise it was a lot of fun and we're looking forward to adding it to our regular rotation!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
cervantes3773 wrote:

Templar rear power: You use this when the templar is in the rear, but then he ends up somewhere else. Could you use the power to switch him to the vanguard and then attack?

Yes, that's the idea behind this ability--to protect an allied hero and to put the templar up front to attack again next round.

cervantes3773 wrote:
Fighter flank/rear: These powers specify that his melee attack is increased. If I use the leader who gives everyone ranged attacks, does that modify not apply to the fighter's ranged attacks?

That would. The fighter's flank/rear powers just increase attack strength. If you somehow give him ranged attack, he still has that bonus.

cervantes3773 wrote:
Overlord flank/rear power: Do normal melee restrictions apply here (e.g. if someone in the vanguard wave is in front of the leader, s/he's SOL)?

Yes, they need to be in the melee.

cervantes3773 wrote:
Mascot flank rear: This gives the other hero a ranged attack, even if s/he doesn't have one?

Yes.

cervantes3773 wrote:
Mystic flank: This reduces the damage the forerunner takes from attacks by 1 - does that include damage from orders or other effects (like a Vanguard knight)?

No, only from attacks, not orders or attack powers.

cervantes3773 wrote:
Scientist vanguard: I'm guessing this refers to whichever the next wave of your opponent is (e.g. if I'm going first it affects my opponent's vanguard wave, if I'm going second, it affects my opponent's upcoming flank wave)

That's correct

Thanks for checking out the game, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
cervantes3773 wrote:

That's correct
Sorry for bumping this thread, but the wording on the card is quite clear, so this sounds like an erratum, which is not convenient. To make things clear, the card reads:
Quote:
(Scientist Vanguard) Your opponent loses an action during the next wave.
Now, the rules constantly refer to "the current wave", so "the next wave" seems to obviously be, well, the next wave (as opposed to the current one, so that would be the Flank wave, in the example). Brad, can you confirm/correct the ruling above on the Scientist Vanguard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.