Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Each card in your score pile counts as a bonus of its value on your board."

Does this mean that if I had a board of only Zhang Heng with a 2 in my score pile that my score is 6? That would be 2 from Zhang Heng's bonus, 2 from the score pile, and 2 from that the 2 in my score pile also being a bonus.

Or is it instead that my score is still 4, but merely that effects that refer to bonus values also refer to the cards in my score pile?

EDIT: The answer is it does affect you score pile value, but I forgot that only you highest bonus counts for full value, and the rest are one point each. Thus the answer is that my score would be 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Does Zhang Heng double the value of your score pile?
5. Your highest bonus counts as its value, every other bonus is +1 point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
howl hollow howl
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Don't have the game in front of me... but mybe the answer is 5 (+2 from score pile, +2 from the highest bonus, +1 for each other bonus)?

Edit: Ninja'd!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, of course, it's been too long since I played Echoes, I guess. But the verdict is yes, your score is augmented. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Quick question, also regarding Zhang... Do the bonuses he provides count towards wealth (eg: if you have 7 cards in your score pile, combined with Zheng's bonus, do you get wealth?). Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chudyk
msg tools
designer
Robb wrote:
Quick question, also regarding Zhang... Do the bonuses he provides count towards wealth (eg: if you have 7 cards in your score pile, combined with Zheng's bonus, do you get wealth?). Thanks!

Yes, you can achieve Wealth with Zhang Heng this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.