James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How does local trouble effect heroes such as Dain and Gimli with ongoing abilities? Will they constantly trigger the card text for a threat increase?

Approaching Cair Andros says if any players threat is 37 or higher it gains siege. Is this just checked when the quest is flipped or does it gain siege at anytime a players threat reaches 37 or higher?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindel wrote:
How does local trouble effect heroes such as Dain and Gimli with ongoing abilities? Will they constantly trigger the card text for a threat increase?

Those are constant abilities and are never triggered. Only Action and Response abilities are triggered.

Rindel wrote:
Approaching Cair Andros says if any players threat is 37 or higher it gains siege. Is this just checked when the quest is flipped or does it gain siege at anytime a players threat reaches 37 or higher?

The effect is not a "When revealed" effect, so it triggers at any point any player's threat is greater than or equal to 37.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Deuber
United States
Baldwin
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been using Tactics Boromir on the quest Peril in Pelargir. With Local Trouble attached to him, threat can build up fast.

If you ready Boromir using his ability while under the effects of Local Trouble (to attack again for instance), I think it is 3 threat added...

1 for readying due to local trouble
1 for the added cost to ready due to Boromor's ability
1 for using a hero ability due to local trouble.

Does that sound right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berryhill
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AdmiralACF wrote:
Rindel wrote:
How does local trouble effect heroes such as Dain and Gimli with ongoing abilities? Will they constantly trigger the card text for a threat increase?

Those are constant abilities and are never triggered. Only Action and Response abilities are triggered.

Rindel wrote:
Approaching Cair Andros says if any players threat is 37 or higher it gains siege. Is this just checked when the quest is flipped or does it gain siege at anytime a players threat reaches 37 or higher?

The effect is not a "When revealed" effect, so it triggers at any point any player's threat is greater than or equal to 37.


If you reach 37 threat and somehow reduce your threat below 37, does the siege still apply, or only when players are currently at 37 or higher threat?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
badalchemist
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Predfang wrote:
AdmiralACF wrote:
Rindel wrote:
How does local trouble effect heroes such as Dain and Gimli with ongoing abilities? Will they constantly trigger the card text for a threat increase?

Those are constant abilities and are never triggered. Only Action and Response abilities are triggered.

Rindel wrote:
Approaching Cair Andros says if any players threat is 37 or higher it gains siege. Is this just checked when the quest is flipped or does it gain siege at anytime a players threat reaches 37 or higher?

The effect is not a "When revealed" effect, so it triggers at any point any player's threat is greater than or equal to 37.


If you reach 37 threat and somehow reduce your threat below 37, does the siege still apply, or only when players are currently at 37 or higher threat?


Necropost add-on question: If I'm below 37 threat before I've committed characters to the quest, and then the revealed encounter card in the staging step is Watcher in the Wood, which causes me to go above 37 threat, do my committed characters contribute their willpower or defense?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.