Subject: example: hero moves onto a mage tower space and attacks it rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kent McDaniel
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let's say a hero lands on a mage tower space and attacks it. But loses the battle and cannot do anything else. Does this hero piece still stay right on mage tower space or does it move back to the adjacent space it just moved from?

And what about winning? I know you take the enemy chit and place it on the corresponding discard chit pile. Then you score the fame points, possibly leveling up. But does your hero piece still stay on that mage tower space?

Kent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aurax golden chubby dragon
msg tools
Man, you are really posting a lot of question... you should read the walkthrough again, play a solo game, and slowly check the answers in the manual.. you will lose less time and will learn it better

If you lose when attacking a fortified place, you need to retreat (withdraw) from the place. If you win, you stay. Even thematically makes perfect sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent McDaniel
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, this game is so complex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aurax wrote:
Man, you are really posting a lot of question... you should read the walkthrough again, play a solo game, and slowly check the answers in the manual.. you will lose less time and will learn it better

Actually, I think in a lot of cases it is faster to post a question for a popular game like Mage Knight than to check the rulebook yourself. The problem is it pollutes the rules forums with umpteen questions that are answered clearly by the rulebook. I feel there should be a separate rules forum called "Quick Rules" or something similar for these types of questions. Sometimes people would post in the wrong forum, but the mods could eventually move the threads, and most of the time I think the poster would know which forum to post in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other really good thing would be to watch Ricky Royal's Walkthrough and Solo Conquest videos on YouTube especially if you're more of a visual learner. It will be better than reading the rule book again for the 5th time (I hope you're up to 4 times through).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Casinghino
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a previous poster said, you retreat. Make sure to read this section in the Rulebook, though. There are some fun rules to do with retreats if you are forced to retreat into territory you can't occupy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QBert80 wrote:
aurax wrote:

Actually, I think in a lot of cases it is faster to post a question for a popular game like Mage Knight than to check the rulebook yourself. The problem is it pollutes the rules forums with umpteen questions that are answered clearly by the rulebook. I feel there should be a separate rules forum called "Quick Rules" or something similar for these types of questions. Sometimes people would post in the wrong forum, but the mods could eventually move the threads, and most of the time I think the poster would know which forum to post in.

It would be enough, if there is a pinned Thread for Short Questions and Short Answers, where everyone could Post Rule Questions which can Be easily answered without Discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Spirio wrote:
It would be enough, if there is a pinned Thread for Short Questions and Short Answers, where everyone could Post Rule Questions which can Be easily answered without Discussion.
Tried that, spectacular disaster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Tried that

Not really. You tried practically the opposite, reserve questions to be answered by one person, not quickly at all.

I don't think his idea would work great, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sterling
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second the Ricky Royal series on Youtube. It does a phenomenal job of explaining the game. You'll have a lot more fun playing after watching the series.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On tabletopwelt.de we have this KFKA threads (which stands for Short Questions and Short Answers in German) and they work really good. Sometimes someone missed the thread, but then the next one answers him, he should post there. The next time he will do it right.
You just have to pin this and find a titel that can't be overseen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well the question made me re-read the section, I knew you moved back if defeated.. but i just found it it seems you can move to any safe place.. so could move forward not just the place you started from which is what i assumed,...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to take you movement back, so you have to go to the space from which you came (if it is safe)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Woody
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Milarky wrote:
well the question made me re-read the section, I knew you moved back if defeated.. but i just found it it seems you can move to any safe place.. so could move forward not just the place you started from which is what i assumed,...

I don't think that is correct. If I remember the section from the rulebook correctly, it says to move back to the space you attacked from. Pg. 9 of the rule book, 'Combat Outcomes' Section 3 d.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.