Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
One Thread for All
badge
The name's Andrew -- pronounced 'Kah-thoo-loo'
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to our first miniature painting competition!

Our goal is to have fun and encourage each other to paint some of those miniatures we've had sitting around in our closets forever. There will be a winner, but it's all in good fun.

This contest is open to all Noble Knights of the Love mb, or anyone sponsored by a Noble Knight.

To enter all you need to do is post a message here in this thread, then pick 10 or more miniatures and post a picture of your unpainted figs.

The first entrant who posts a picture of their fully painted and based figures to this thread is the winner!

And what does the winner get as his or her prizes?
-An exclusive Madmaggie plushie!
-All the Geek Gold donated to this thread!

The rules are as follows;

1) The contest begins February 1st. (please don't start painting until this date )
2) Each entrant must paint at least 10 miniatures, but can paint more if they wish.
3) Each entrant must post a picture of the miniatures they will be painting here on this thread before February 1st.
4) No substitutions will be allowed. (i.e. you have to paint the figures you say you will paint.)
5) All figures must have at least three different colours of paint on them, and be fully based, to qualify as ‘done’.

Remember, this is not about who paints the best, it's about who can paint the fastest.

Please feel free to ask me (Cthulhu1) if you have any questions!

Good luck and have fun!

The Contestants:

Andrew Sinclair
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
One Thread for All
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
mb
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Wreckers don't call for backup, they call for cleanup!
mbmbmbmb
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb

Jason Russell
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
Playing lotsa games in Windsor!!! YAAAAY!!!!
badge
I will be one of the first to be DEVOURED!!!!! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Uncle Ralf
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Djali
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hakuna
badge
Matata
mbmbmb

Brad Wagnon
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Cybertronic: Superior by design.
mbmbmbmbmb
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
James Casey
United Kingdom
Caversham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Where'd he go?
mbmbmbmbmb
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools

Belgium
Brussel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The Winner(s)!

James Casey
United Kingdom
Caversham
Berkshire
flag msg tools
Where'd he go?
mbmbmbmbmb

Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb

Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
mb
I am in on my own accord.

I will be painting ten Super Dungeon Explore plastic minis. I will decide be the end of the weekend which ones I am going to paint.

I am also fronting 100 as a prize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm in.

And seeing how I'm supposed to have a picture of my 10+ minis up within the next week, I highly doubt it'll be pink Necromunda gangers. I'd have to order those first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sinclair
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
One Thread for All
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jfro wrote:
I am in on my own accord.

I will be painting ten Super Dungeon Explore plastic minis. I will decide be the end of the weekend which ones I am going to paint.

Many thanks, Master Fro! You are a true gentleman!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Low
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, I do not qualify since I'm a first time painter and I have not 'based' my miniatures. Moreover, I've already started painting my figures that I intend to finish.

However, I would love to update everybody on my progress on first set of miniatures in Super Dungeon Explore. That way, I'm encouraged to continue painting my miniatures to completion and, hopefully, inspire others to do the same!

Goodblankluck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sinclair
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
One Thread for All
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and I myself will be painting up two complete copies of Mice and Mystics, just 'cause I'm a showoff! modestwhistlecool

EDIT: Scratch that! I'm painting up the 71 figures from Zombicide instead!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Low
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jfro wrote:

How very generous of you! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sinclair
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
One Thread for All
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hamtastic wrote:
Unfortunately, I do not qualify since I'm a first time painter and I have not 'based' my miniatures. Moreover, I've already started painting my figures that I intend to finish.

However, I would love to update everybody on my progress on first set of miniatures in Super Dungeon Explore. That way, I'm encouraged to continue painting my miniatures to completion and, hopefully, inspire others to do the same!

Goodblankluck

That sounds great, Bryan! Please feel free to post pictures of your progress here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a Noble Knight but Andrew said he'd sponsor me. Before I paint any minis, I need to paint an indoor fountain I thrifted for my wife. It is kinda medium to large compared to most indoor fountains I've had. Andrew said that this would be okay to enter. I had taken a picture of it before I primed it but after I fixed the wings (all but one were broken off). Sadly, that's as far as I've got and it's just sitting on my desk primed ready to be painted.

Here's an image unpainted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the miniatures need to be totally unpainted at the start. I've a gazzillion minis that have been started but no where near finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noshrok Grimskull
Germany
Bremen
Bremen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:
Do the miniatures need to be totally unpainted at the start. I've a gazzillion minis that have been started but no where near finished.
I'd say go for it, but add 2 half-painted minis for each unpainted mini required (i.e. Andrew said 10 minis minimum, so if all your minis are already partially painted, you should aim for about 20 of them now).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Ralf
Netherlands
Amersfoort
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll join! I'll paint some of the miniatures of Shadows over Camelot. Can I do 8 miniature people and 2 catapults? Or do they all have to be people?
This'll motivate me to get back to painting. It has been a while! Thanks for organizing this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Corran Horn wrote:
tssfulk wrote:
I'd say go for it, but add 2 half-painted minis for each unpainted mini required (i.e. Andrew said 10 minis minimum, so if all your minis are already partially painted, you should aim for about 20 of them now).

I'm sure I have 10 unpainted game minis (Drako, Wiz-war should do it), but I'd really like to finish my Incursion minis. I have German and Allied packs and an extra zombie pack. We'll see that adds up to 20+.

First I need a sponsor. What do I have to do to get that? Kiss someone I pretend to love?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Low
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:
Kiss someone I pretend to love?
Probably. The real question is: "Where?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
tssfulk wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:
tssfulk wrote:

I'm sure I have 10 unpainted game minis (Drako, Wiz-war should do it), but I'd really like to finish my Incursion minis. I have German and Allied packs and an extra zombie pack. We'll see that adds up to 20+.

First I need a sponsor. What do I have to do to get that? Kiss someone I pretend to love?

You are in thriend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
hamtastic wrote:
tssfulk wrote:
Kiss someone I pretend to love?
Probably. The real question is: "Where?"

In the Arena, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you tell I've just read all 3 Hunger Games books this past week or so. whistle

After Artemis Fowl flopped with 2 classes, I hope that HG will work better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jfro wrote:
tssfulk wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:
tssfulk wrote:

You are in thriend

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FTL has some great mini painters, this should be fun to watch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Russell
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shacky22 wrote:
Not a Noble Knight but Andrew said he'd sponsor me. Before I paint any minis, I need to paint an indoor fountain I thrifted for my wife. It is kinda medium to large compared to most indoor fountains I've had. Andrew said that this would be okay to enter. I had taken a picture of it before I primed it but after I fixed the wings (all but one were broken off). Sadly, that's as far as I've got and it's just sitting on my desk primed ready to be painted.

Here's an image unpainted.

I'd say go with a classic ONYX look!!!

...shouldn't take too long...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Russell
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be painting....

SEDITION WARS WICKED COOL DUDES!!!!!

Are there skunking rules in this contest? ninja

I'm gonna paint the whole set. Just so you folks have a chance lol.

I'm a teeny bit manic today....

THANKS ANDREW!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Here is what I am painting

I can only shoot for table top quality - all those years of 40k really did not add up to me being a great figure painter.

Note there are 11 figs two have at least 2 colors blocked in roughly already

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sinclair
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
One Thread for All
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drummyralf wrote:
I'll join! I'll paint some of the miniatures of Shadows over Camelot. Can I do 8 miniature people and 2 catapults? Or do they all have to be people?
This'll motivate me to get back to painting. It has been a while! Thanks for organizing this!

They can be any combination you like, good sir.

But if it was me I'd do all the knights and excalibur and the grail, instead of catapults.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sinclair
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
One Thread for All
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tssfulk wrote:
Corran Horn wrote:
tssfulk wrote:

I totally understand your desire to finish a started project, so I agree with Da Ork -- 20 half painted guys would equal 10 unpainted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sinclair
Canada
Ancaster
Ontario
flag msg tools
One Thread for All
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Jay wrote:
I will be painting....

SEDITION WARS WICKED COOL DUDES!!!!!

Are there skunking rules in this contest? ninja

I'm gonna paint the whole set. Just so you folks have a chance lol.

I'm a teeny bit manic today....

THANKS ANDREW!!!!!

Don't forget to bring your copy of Mice & Mystics next Friday or I won't be able to paint the above-promised 2 sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.