David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about bombarding. If I attack a fleet that's protecting a planet and destroy that fleet, am I allowed to

a)bombard the planet on the same combat sequence with all of my ships (essentially a 2nd attack on the planet on the same turn)?
b)bombard the planet with only ships that were screened during the space combat (1st attack for those ships that did not participate in the space battle only)?
c)or do I need to wait until the next combat phase since my ships already participated in combat this turn?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David S
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Currently listening to: "Le Dernier Livre" by Ferriterium
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my understanding that (A) is the correct answer. That's how we've been playing it, and I'd like to know whether it's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also believe A is correct. Relevant rules section:
Quote:
5.10.1 [...] A ship in a system occupied by an
enemy Colony may attack the Colony, but only after
all other combat is resolved in the hex. If all enemy
units have either been destroyed or have retreated, the
Colony may be fired upon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
United States
Honolulu
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely A.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Upshaw
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is option A. Just remember this is not full combat where a ship can fire and then fire again once all ships with a lower Letter/Tactics rating have fired. When you are shooting at a colony each ship gets one shot that turn. If you fire all of your ships once and the colony is still there you have to wait till your next player turn before you get to shoot again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.