Thurn and Taxis: Power and Glory» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification - legal steps ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Cotovanu
Romania
flag msg tools
Hello,

Can someone tell me if the following steps are legal in a turn ?

1. It's my turn and i have to add a city card in my hand.

2. I add one card in my hand from one of 6 face-up city cards.

3. Assuming that i have a current route, i don't have any suitable city card to play or i choose not to add any city card from my hand to my current route.

4. I discard all the cards in my current route.

5. I choose to play 2 city cards from my hand in order to start a new route (since i haven't used any special powers till now).

Are these 5 steps legal in a turn ?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Poplawski
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Meetup.com Victoria German Language Meetup Group
badge
Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil.
mbmbmbmbmb
What you describe is perfectly legal, but it boils down to two actions:

1. Drawing a city card.

2. Placing a city card. If the player has no suitable city card to play or chooses not to add a card to (their) current route, (they) discard the cards in (their) current route (scoring nothing for them) and places a card in (their) play area to start a new route. (from Page 2 of the English Rules)

Help is allowed from one official on each turn. In this case, the Postal Carrier allows the player to place a total of two city cards on their route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan
New Zealand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one situation this is not legal. If you have no cards in your hand at the start of the turn you must use the postmaster official to take two cards from the supply. This will mean you can later on play one city card from your hand rather than two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Cotovanu
Romania
flag msg tools
Thank you guys!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.