Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Re: Do play my tiny two-player game
Nothing sophisticated to say, just wow I love this. I hope it does turn out to be strategically deep on analysis because it feels very elegant.

I have a distinct liking for games with simple mechanics, emergent complexity, and themes that are evocative without closely controlling mechanics. "Meditative" games might be a good name for the type of game I'm talking about. Yours seems like it might be a really good example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Taylor
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rules-/grammar-wise, it all makes sense except Autumn. The way it's phrased, it's hard to tell if you mean only one player gets a last turn, or if each player gets a last turn. (It sounds like the second, but it's a bit confusing.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
MagiMaster wrote:
Rules-/grammar-wise, it all makes sense except Autumn. The way it's phrased, it's hard to tell if you mean only one player gets a last turn, or if each player gets a last turn. (It sounds like the second, but it's a bit confusing.)

In fact I thought it was just one, so this definitely needs clarification.

What will resolve it is clarifying just exactly what "a player" refers to at the beginning of the rule. "The player on turn?" Or "each player?" If the latter, then "this one player" at the end also needs to be rephrased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaap K
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just read the rules, but did not play your game yet.

First question that pops into mind: Why do the stacks of coloured cards have different numbers, but no different awards in the end? I would suspect that since there are less red cards, the chances on creating a big area of red cards or lower than creating a big area of yellow cards.

Wouldn't this somehow need to be incorporated in the scoring as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played this 4 times tonight. We had a discussion about one point in the rules. In the summer phase do once one pile has run out, do you have to take all three actions (ie you must collect the colour which has run out), or can you chose to collect one of the other colours, thus making it impossible to take all 3 actions and ending summer? We assumed the latter (and that happened in 3/4 of our games. In the last game picking up the colour which had run out would have been disastrous, as they were worth -9 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.