Subject: Dragonskull summit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
danielm
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question regarding this card:
When I tap it, does it count as 2 lands( one mountain and one swamp or mountain), or I can either use it as a reggular mountain or use it to add swamp/mountain to my mana pool?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you tap it, choose either to add a single red mana or a single black mana to your mana pool. You can only get one mana from tapping it, and that mana must be black or read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Koopmans
Canada
St Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragonskull Summit is neither a mountain nor a swamp, so anything that cares about those things won't count it.

It's tap ability say "Add (B) or (R) to your mana pool." so when you tap it, you choose to gain either one red or one black mana.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Mana and lands are different concepts.

Lands are a kind of permanent that you can only play one per turn and tend to give you mana. But not all lands give you mana (See: Maze of Ith) nor do you need lands to obtain mana.

For example, I can play Dark Ritual to get three black manas. It doesn't get me three swamps out of my deck, just the mana.

Basically mana is the magic itself, the power. You can get that power from many sources, lands are just the most common one.

This card is a land that you can use to get black or red mana. It's not a mountain or a swamp, unlike, say, Badlands which is both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danielm
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all, I wanted to make sure we played it right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.