Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Heer
Canada
Cherhill
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got 2 more big box expansions 4 Dominion bringing my total up to 4 and carrying them around in 4 different boxes just doesn't seem practical. So my thought was simply to bag all the cards throw the basic cards into a small box and all the kingdom cards into a large cardboard box along with the small box.This would make set up fast and easy when using random kingdom cards but fairly difficult if I wanted 2 use specific cards.
So what are peoples thoughts on this? Good idea? Bad idea? If anyone has any better ideas that don't require much id love to hear them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are others that do that and love it. I am way too anal to not have my cards neatly organized. I'd say if your personality can handle it, do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Roney
United States
Ladera Ranch
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always sort the cards in the big box instead of just "throwing" them in once you decide you want particular cards. I have all the kingdom cards from ALL the expansions sorted together using the base box and the Dark Ages box (sans insert). The base cards and mats, etc are also in the second box. I think Guilds MIGHT fit......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Adrian
Canada
Lethbridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
My wife and I keep the supply in one ziplock bag, each expansion in its own bag, and the randomizers in a separate one as well.
This works quite well; this keeps them organized enough without using too much brain power. The randomizers make for both an index of what cards exist as well as a way to randomly select a set.*

I'd like a good storage solution like the ones I see here on BGG, but I'll probably wait for Guilds and then figure something out.

*Edit: This fits in 3 full sized boxes fairly well (with the mats, tokens, etc.), though I've got them in a small travel bag right now. I like boxes, but Dominion's just too big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhael Weitzel
United States
Huntsvile
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
we bought a 5000+ count baseball card storage box and it holds all of the expansions, all of the extra bits, the rules, and has space for more cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't sleeve your cards, instead of bagging them, each set of 10 or 12 Kingdom cards will fit into a single card sleeve if you get the correct size. Quicker and easier to store than baggies. I use the FFG blue sleeves and the cards don't slide out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
kirkbauer wrote:
If you don't sleeve your cards, instead of bagging them, each set of 10 or 12 Kingdom cards will fit into a single card sleeve if you get the correct size. Quicker and easier to store than baggies. I use the FFG blue sleeves and the cards don't slide out.

If you do sleeve your cards, each set of kingdom cards will fit in a single card sleeve. I use standard penny sleeves for each set of kingdom cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Heer
Canada
Cherhill
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That sounded like a great idea tried it to c if i could stuff them in my mayday euroes...not a chancesoblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Horris wrote:
That sounded like a great idea tried it to c if i could stuff them in my mayday euroes...not a chancesoblue

You need to use Standard Card Game sized, not Euro sized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.