Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Davis
United Kingdom
Harlow
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arwen has been kidnapped by the goblins of the Misty Mountains! Can you lead a daring raid to rescue her from the clutches of the Great Goblin?

This quest requires the core set, Khazad-Dum and The Hobbit: Over Hill and Under Hill adventure packs. Difficulty level is 7.

The quest can be downloaded from BGG at http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/86785/new-quest-save-arwen... and is also available for download from my LOTR web page at http://jrd.eu5.org/lotr_cardgame/lotr_cardgame.html.

Feedback would be appreciated, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Whilst I count my schnookels”
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's some feedback. I don't have Khazah Dum or Over Hill and Under Hill yet. Ugh!

Just kidding. From first glance, it looks like a good one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Martin
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Looks good, I will try it out. I like the whole theme of rescue, which is one of the reasons why Escape from Dol Guldur is still one of my favorite quests. Looks like Arwen has taking quite a beating, her poor willpower reduced to nothing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkon Skappel
Norway
Kristiansand
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fun little scenario The theme and mechanics of the quest feel very connected, and stuff like "the more people you send in, the more goblins attack" makes a lot of sense when you are, in theory at least, trying to sneak into Goblin Town (I don't think our approach to the quest counts as trying to sneak, but more on that later).

Played it with my brother tonight (Me : Dwarf swarm deck with Dain-Ori-Nori, brother : Ally-heavy deck with Elrond-Glorfindel-Beravor). We had quite a rough start, where a shadow card ended up forcing my brother to take an attack from a Goblin Swordsman undefended on the first round, killing Beravor, and me having to sneak attack a Battlemaster just to prevent the same thing from happening to me on round two. However, we got a bit luckier after and had several rounds in a row without any really nasty treacheries, and with an average of one goblin added per round, we managed to defend ourselves until we had enough allies to kill off the swarming goblins.

We are both playing ally-heavy decks, so things got a bit silly when we got to stage 2 and discovered there were not enough goblins in the encounter deck for the "When Revealed"-effect of the quest card

While I guess we technically should have kept reshuffling the encounter deck until we decided to concede, we agreed that once it was abundantly clear that there were no more goblins left, we just reshuffled once more and kept playing. This will probably not be a problem for most games, we decided to try to see if we had too many allies for the encounter deck, so we quested carefully on stage 1 just to get time to play all our allies. And yes, we did notice that the quest card counts goblins already in the staging area towards the limit

Not sure whether it is really necessary to make an edit to fix this, as players who pulls silly stunts like we do, probably deserve to have to figure out what to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.