Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Police Precinct» Forums » General

Subject: Early expansion ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a solo game the other day. Loved it. Great game, but I will enjoy it even more with a group of players. A must buy folks if you enjoy co-ops.

One expansion idea hits me right away. The game would shine even more with a quick, base-content-only expansion. More event cards for a wide variety of situations. More characters. More unknown circumstances. More NPC vehicles. More murderer types. Again, more of what already comes with the game for a quick, fast add-on expansion.

Now for the big expansion: A crime-boss playable character, manipulating all things bad in the city.
NPC fire department vehicles. Car chases. New city boards.

The game is wide open for expansion.

And what a great game it is, out of the box.




1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Three different murderers with three different sets of evidence varying in number amongst the existing piles? Build all the decks up to the same size but you haven to find the right evidence for YOUR investigation?

Maybe even make the three murderers different skill levels?

Then you could also have Murderer-specific event cards that would get shuffled into the main deck to provide some flavor for each different murderer?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep the ideas comin' guys!!!!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric, we knew this day would come....

Hip Hip Hurray!!!!

PP arrives in Tucson!

Send me pics of your 1st game.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mmesich wrote:
Three different murderers with three different sets of evidence varying in number amongst the existing piles? Build all the decks up to the same size but you haven to find the right evidence for YOUR investigation?

Maybe even make the three murderers different skill levels?

Then you could also have Murderer-specific event cards that would get shuffled into the main deck to provide some flavor for each different murderer?



Wow, great ideas Michael.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
Eric, we knew this day would come....

Hip Hip Hurray!!!!

PP arrives in Tucson!

Send me pics of your 1st game.



Absolutely Karl! Our group meets Tuesday.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just enough time to bling-up, add a microbadge or two, and become a Solo expert.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loose Cannon
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Expansion idea:
More powerful Punks.

Using 3 stickers on the back of 3 of the street punks Tokens.

1-Blue around street punks
2-Red around street punks
3-Yellow around street punks

Each of these Street Punk Leaders
Counts as +2

And adds +1 to the difficulty of same colored emergencies on the same block, or on same street zone. (Ex- across the street)

Joe
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SlimJim wrote:
Expansion idea:
More powerful Punks.

Using 3 stickers on the back of 3 of the street punks Tokens.

1-Blue around street punks
2-Red around street punks
3-Yellow around street punks

Each of these Street Punk Leaders
Counts as +2

And adds +1 to the difficulty of same colored emergencies on the same block, or on same street zone. (Ex- across the street)

Joe


Great Stuff Joe!!!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loose Cannon
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
More powerful punks is too hard.

And drawing them and seeing if they are one of the three takes up time.

Perhaps the Gangleader punks should only become level 2 punks when a matching emergency is in the same block location.


I also wonder if officer ranking could be utilized more.
Or if it was in the pre-testing. And couldn't be worked out.

Or have a station captain deck. Utilizing special options and bonuses, and hinderences.
Like battlestargalacitcas executive order.

JoeM
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SlimJim wrote:
More powerful punks is too hard.

And drawing them and seeing if they are one of the three takes up time.

Perhaps the Gangleader punks should only become level 2 punks when a matching emergency is in the same block location.


I also wonder if officer ranking could be utilized more.
Or if it was in the pre-testing. And couldn't be worked out.

Or have a station captain deck. Utilizing special options and bonuses, and hinderences.
Like battlestargalacitcas executive order.

JoeM


Cool!!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

It may have been mentioned already, but EMS escorts would be a great addition to the Officer Down event.

One of the greatest things about this game is its balance (in my humblest). Mr. Steiness did a tremendous job; I am sure whatever it is that he cooks up next will seamlessly maintain that balance.


Several people have commented on the episodic nature of Police Precinct - and I have to agree with that observation. One thing that would help that aspect is to provide bios for the officers in future rulebooks. Nothing too detailed, as you would want the players to fill them in - but enough to provide the hooks.

While it is entirely cosmetic, doing so would [hopefully] allow the players to connect with the characters that little bit more.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DBoonsGhost wrote:

One thing that would help that aspect is to provide bios for the officers in future rulebooks.



Great idea!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.