Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
What is stopping the insurgent from continuously Rallying guerillas that are being "sweeped" by the GOVT?

MY guess is the AIRSTRIKE activity...to nail the bases....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's just a ride...
England
Bury St Edmunds
For now.
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Nothing stops it, and it's really annoying when they do it

The problem with airstrikes is that you have to take out the guerillas first...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing stops it, but it prevents them doing anything else that turn, when there might be other pressing issues.

That guerrilla faction will never win by just rallying in place. But the government can usually sweep other spaces effectively while they occupy those guerillas and prevent them from doing any terror ops,, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If they are continuously rallying to stay alive, then they are not marching into your defended areas, nor attacking your police, nor terrorizing your supporters, nor exploiting events against you. You are keeping them on the run, and they are giving up the initiative.

Of course, you then are sweeping not training, deploying civic action, and so on. And a big question becomes, who runs out of money first?

And then there is the complication of limited operations. What if you sweep multiple areas, but he can respond with rally in only one? Or vice versa?

Sooner or later, often sooner, one or the other of you breaks the cycle because a more critical need or opportunity comes along. If it's you, the guerrillas escape. If it's them, a lot of them are going to die when you follow up with an assault.

So don't think of sweeping as decision but rather as pressure.

vfr

[Edit: Well, Nathan said it much more efficiently than I did.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I learned quickly as Govt. not to get into a pissing match with guerrillas ,where you sweep, they rally, you sweep, they rally. Most of the time Govt. loses in that situation, at least in my experiences. In the games I have played as Govt. I try to sweep into a lightly defended guerrilla space with troops, and then later plant a base down and then muscle the guerrillas out that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciej Sarnacki
Poland
Wyszków
Mazowsze
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Try some combo. I recomend sweep + erodication, quite effective against Cartels and AUC. For exemple, you move into neutral area, erodicate in the same on adjacent speces and AUC next move cannot be ralling in opposition space and Cartels cannot ralling without base. Easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.