Popular Tags: [View All]
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too much is left unexplained or poorly explained. There are too many critical things left unclear such as how you steal the treasure how the guards function etc. the designer contradicts the written rules on visibility while answering a question on the forums. We gave this a real good attempt and at 2 hours in, after finding someone asking a question we needed answered here on the forums (asked in English) and seeing the designer answer in Italian, we gave up.

This may be a great game and very easy to understand in the Italian rules but the english version needs a substantial overhaul. Disappointed because I really wanted to like this. In my Opinion, it's a bit of a problem to have an 8 page FAQ for a game with a less than 8 page rule book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yegods
United States
Campbell
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oh my god, yes! It is terribly frustrating to attempt playing this game. Even with the FAQ. I'm considerably disappointed in this, since it is the perfect type of game for our game group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Ilitchev
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same experience. Unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Ervin
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not had a chance to try it out myself, but there are revised rules posted at:

http://www.japanimegames.com/errata__support

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Vanagunas
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those revised rules are the current ones that come with the English version of the game. Those are the one's that aren't that helpful to begin with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmbmb
Would anyone mind keeping this thread updated if they happen across newer English versions, as our local store has this game and it might get purchased in the not too distant future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Persram
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is very confusing from the English rule set. I can't even get one game going, because I'm having a hard enough time understanding it from reading it, much less actually playing it and having to teach anyone else how to play it.

Does anyone else know of a good learning guide? Maybe a video playthrough or good explanation of the rules?

I would hate for this game to just sit on the shelf and never be played. =/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy scott
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game and the link to the new English Rules is different and is a better translation than the original rules. Download it now....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
KILLER QUEEN: BITES THE DUST!
badge
ShaRog Master Race
mbmbmbmbmb
bassoon201 wrote:
Just got the game and the link to the new English Rules is different and is a better translation than the original rules. Download it now....

Agreed. It still has problems and needs a legit FAQ (no offense to the designer, but the poor English of the existing one makes it almost useless). BUT, the revised rules certainly make the game playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Turco
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
But I'm going to add game designer to the list one of these days...
badge
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's any consolation to you guys the original italian rules are confusing at best too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.