Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think you and your kids would like Orcz?

I don't have any money either, although I would love to buy a bunch of games! haha! Luckily, my boyfriend has a good sized collection so I've got plenty to choose from. He also bought me 10 games for Christmas, and I bought myself 2 or 3 really cheap games last year on Tanga and Ebay.

One of those games that I bought myself was Orcz. I think it looks really fun, but my boyfriend refuses to play it with me. Well, he doesn't flat out refuse, but any time it comes up, he changes the subject real quick. shake

Anyway, what I'm getting at, is... check it out, read the description, look at the pictures and whatnot and see if it's a good fit for you guys, and if it is, I'd be happy to know it was getting a good home.

I will have to count the pieces to make sure it's complete (never had a reason to so far, since I haven't been able to play it, haha), but I've looked at it and it seems to all be there and in pretty good shape, but I will count to make sure.

You'll have to cover the shipping though...and I have no idea how much that would be to Canada since I've never shipped anything there before?

Let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, check out this Geeklist: Thrifting for You (2013)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And also, check out this thread: The Great Geek Game Giveaway (4G)

It is a contest where the guy running it gives out a brand new game of the winner's choice EVERY MONTH!!! All you have to do is answer a few questions to be entered. Please mention in your entry that I sent you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I've never heard of Orcz so I will read up on it when I get a chance....

I do have a request in the Thrift thread too. I did get a game of Heroquest from a couple of very generous folks that I'm working on trying to complete yet. We are looking forward to when we can get this one to the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarlett_O wrote:

I don't have any money either, although I would love to buy a bunch of games! haha! Luckily, my boyfriend has a good sized collection so I've got plenty to choose from. He also bought me 10 games for Christmas, and I bought myself 2 or 3 really cheap games last year on Tanga and Ebay.

One of those games that I bought myself was Orcz. I think it looks really fun, but my boyfriend refuses to play it with me. Well, he doesn't flat out refuse, but any time it comes up, he changes the subject real quick. shake

Anyway, what I'm getting at, is... check it out, read the description, look at the pictures and whatnot and see if it's a good fit for you guys, and if it is, I'd be happy to know it was getting a good home.

I will have to count the pieces to make sure it's complete (never had a reason to so far, since I haven't been able to play it, haha), but I've looked at it and it seems to all be there and in pretty good shape, but I will count to make sure.

You'll have to cover the shipping though...and I have no idea how much that would be to Canada since I've never shipped anything there before?

Let me know.

Thank you very much Scarlett_O...we look forward to giving this a try
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cptcanuck wrote:
Scarlett_O wrote:

Let me know.

Thank you very much Scarlett_O...we look forward to giving this a try

You're very welcome! I hope you guys'll enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Frothingslosh
Canada
Caledon
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cptcanuck wrote:

I did get a game of Heroquest from a couple of very generous folks that I'm working on trying to complete yet. We are looking forward to when we can get this one to the table.

I have quite a few spare parts for Heroquest. Just let me know what you need and I may be able to help out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks..I'll send you a GM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that you put Orcz on your "For Trade" list. I'm sorry it didn't work for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't read anything into that...I put most everything on my trade list. We've played it once so far and the boys liked it so it will most likely stick around...but I like to have a lot of games on my trade list for options

We can't afford a lot of games so trading is our best option for new ones so I list my games. I have a lot listed as owned that I would like to add for trade as well but they aren't my games. They are my kids and they bring them along when they visit...so no use having more than one in the family.

But no, I appreciate the game and we do enjoy it. It seems rather simple at first but there is some interesting strategy to it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, my post wasn't very clear-- I don't mind at all if you trade it-- I want you to have a game you guys will play and if you can get one in a trade, that's great! I just thought it didn't work for you guys and felt bad, haha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buying games at a local thrift store will be cheaper than paying for shipping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
15 Keys
United States
Living in the Delco
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems odd to me.

You have money for shipping, but not for games? If 5 people each sent you a game and you could afford the shipping, you can probably afford to buy a new game.

Listen, we all want to have lots of games that we can't afford otherwise. I do, and pretty much every person on here does as well. We are all in your situation where we want games but can't afford it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fifteenkeys wrote:
This seems odd to me.

You have money for shipping, but not for games? If 5 people each sent you a game and you could afford the shipping, you can probably afford to buy a new game.

Listen, we all want to have lots of games that we can't afford otherwise. I do, and pretty much every person on here does as well. We are all in your situation where we want games but can't afford it.

Jeez...sorry to offend you!! Yes, shipping has gone way up and I can't afford much shipping either. But in Canada, games aren't as cheap as they are in the U.S. so some games it isn't bad to pay for the shipping.

I am trying very hard for local trades and within Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Houston wrote:
Buying games at a local thrift store will be cheaper than paying for shipping!

Yes, I have found a few games but there is really not many thrift shops here. But yes, that does seem to be the best option.

A few games I've had the opportunity to get from people we found out that they would be in the $30+ range to ship from the U.S. so that just didn't make sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
John, I hope you enjoy HeroQuest when you get it. It is a great game, and easy to pick up..so the family should be able to enjoy it together.

Another idea you might want to look into to get games cheap is Print and Play games. Some cost a little bit to get, and some are free. Here are a few free ones:

12 Realms
Phobos
Timestreams

I am not sure if Phobos is a good one for the family, but 12 Realms might be a great choice. You will be able to download all the files needed to print them off from their BBG pages. Then with a little trip to a print store, some supplies, and some cutting, you have a new game.

If you are ok with paying a little bit for the files to print and play, then I might recommend looking into Puzzle Strike from Sirlin Games. You can get the files to print it from the website for $9.99.

I hope that helps you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.