Subject: End of Round in Volkare's Return/Quest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob W
United States
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that Volkare replaces the dummy but at the end of the round, you're not recycling the last spell/advanced action? It doesn't specify in the rulebook. I know Volkare wouldn't get it because his deck doesn't reshuffle. Just seems like a lapse in variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there is reduced cycling, but I believe there is a variant in the expansion to address that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
You still remove the spell and advanced action, they just go to the bottom of their respective decks as they do in a normal game. I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was having trouble understanding this last night, until I realized that you always cycle the last card of the offers. Its a standard rule of the game. The special part of the dummy rules is that the dummy receives the action and a crystal based on the spell, not that the cards are cycled to begin with. So, in the end, same amount of card turnover. The variants do mention a variant rule for solo games for more cycling if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, of course! It has no impact on cycling at all. But there are more cards now, so you will see less of them as a percentage over the course of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And one cool thing that they added as an optional rule is that you can burn through 2 cards each per round instead of the 1. Just finished the Solo Conquest and won the game largely because of doing that (had some very unhelpful spells to start and got some better AA cards instead). It especially helps you see pretty much everything in the AA deck (which at 40 cards with 5-6 seen per round excluding leveling up is quite large for solo).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.