2x Wall of Static

Operation (9)
3x Beanstalk Royalties
3x Hedge Fund
3x Scorched Earth

Upgrade (2)
2x Corporate Troubleshooter ●●

asmor deck link

Although I started the build in a vacuum, this ended up being very similar to a deck that Alexfrog posted. From memory, I believe the differences are: -1 Ghost Branch, -1 Rototurret, -2 Wall of Static, +1 Chum, +1 Hadrian's Wall, +1 Corporate Troubleshooter, +1 Draco. Why so similar? I'd like to think we are both approaching optimal :-) I used to waffle back and forth between 2x Chum and 2x Rototurret, but now I'm really pleased with one of each. I debated Ghost Branch and a third Troubleshooter a lot, and think the TS perhaps slightly better in a vacuum. I like each of my corp decks to have at least one ambush threat, though, so it remains. And I think it's slightly better long-term.

I don't have much to say about strategy. It's Weyland, so I think it's sickly powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
Although I started the build in a vacuum, this ended up being very similar to a deck that Alexfrog posted. From memory, I believe the differences are: -1 Ghost Branch, -1 Rototurret, -2 Wall of Static, +1 Chum, +1 Hadrian's Wall, +1 Corporate Troubleshooter, +1 Draco.

I'd day that there is plenty of difference right there. Changes on 7 cards in a deck with 20 different cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think you should take SEA Source. It's a proactive way of tagging the runner, the other being by forfeiting Posted Bounty. But you need proactive ways of tagging the runner rather than relying on ice alone. If you had a copy of SEA Source you could get it with Project Atlas, so why are you not taking it? I'm running 2 SEA Source in my Weyland deck and it has been amazing - MUCH better than Snare!

Also I'd like to see the third copies of Wall of Static and Hadrian's Wall as I think both of those ice are excellent. I don't really see the point of Rototurret, nor Chum when the Archer + Corporate Troubleshooter combo is more than brutal enough.

Also I've found that Archived Memories makes the deck more consistent at flatlining with Scorched Earth when you have only one copy of it in hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angrist wrote:
I think you should take SEA Source. It's a proactive way of tagging the runner, the other being by forfeiting Posted Bounty. But you need proactive ways of tagging the runner rather than relying on ice alone. If you had a copy of SEA Source you could get it with Project Atlas, so why are you not taking it? I'm running 2 SEA Source in my Weyland deck and it has been amazing - MUCH better than Snare!

Also I'd like to see the third copies of Wall of Static and Hadrian's Wall as I think both of those ice are excellent. I don't really see the point of Rototurret, nor Chum when the Archer + Corporate Troubleshooter combo is more than brutal enough.

Also I've found that Archived Memories makes the deck more consistent at flatlining with Scorched Earth when you have only one copy of it in hand.

SEA source/Memories: I think Weyland is more than strong enough to support traditional play, and the flatlines I execute with this deck are strictly opportunistic. Snare is part of that. The existence of Snare significantly discourages last-click runs, and I can install Snares late game to induce null runs (or just blown Infiltrations) on a deep server.

Roto and Chum: it has 21 ice including 3x Archer, 2x Hadrian, and 3x Shadow. So really, only 12 early stoppers. And I like to jam early agendas if possible.

Totally agree that SEA could fly, and that I could ride lower ice, if I were more about flatlines. I like the current balance, though, and there are lots of Rabbit Holes, Decoys/Crash Spaces, and Carapaces out there - at least for me. Going for the throat can still be fun, though. It wouldn't be a big modification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will work well.
When they hit a snare after running through a data raven, theyll just lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.