Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ann De Haes
Netherlands
Doorwerth
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the year coming to it's end, I thought I needed just a few more little games, and I went to the LFGS to get me some games ('the great dalmuti' and 'bang!'), just some little fillers for New Year's Eve. Since the LFGS is rather expensive (but I feel I should support it nevertheless), I also visited a very good local internet shop (with the best prices, sometimes matching the prices of conventions!) to order 'saboteur' (was not available in the LFGS) and 'fluxx'. To our big surprise, our neighbours turned up with the very same game of fluxx that very same evening. So we sat down and played for the first time.

It's not a hard game, but our continuous play of rule cards did not make it any easier, or quicker for that matter. The box says it should be over in 2-30 minutes. We played 90 minutes - and we got really bored with it at that point. We all started it out with a few cards, but very quickly we were facing 'draw 5 cards' and 'play all cards in you hand'. And if you have to play 'take another turn', things can get nasty. We did hours over just one simple turn. At a given moment, we had 6 yellow rule cards out there. Lots of keeper cards were played, and finally, my significant other was able to play a nice goal card which she could fulfill very easily after switching some keeper cards. Victory!

Off to Ticket to Ride (Europe). Did I tell you I'm starting to seriously dislike TTR:E? Well, I do. And loosing it by one point did not help. But that's for another session report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.