Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Woody
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
Hey folks,

I know that in combat you only block an attack if you generate equal to or more than the amount of attack coming in. In general, you shouldn't use up a block card if it can't block something totally. However, with Ice Block, can you use that card and get the shield decreasing effect on a monster even if you know you can't generate enough block to stop the attack? Or, do you have to completely block the attack for the effect to kick in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/704520/official-rules-faq-th...

Scroll down to Combat, third question. Might be worth reading over the other stuff, too. I know I didn't know the answer to this Ice Block question until I read the FAQ.

Oh, and the answer to your question is, yes, you can use Ice Block to ineffectively block an attack in order to get it's armour-reducing effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smart

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AND that only works if the attacker doesn't have ice resistance (just like red card effects don't work on fire resist attackers blue cards don't work on ice resist)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.