3x Ninja
2x Peacock
3x Sneakdoor Beta

Resource (10)
2x Aesop's Pawnshop ●●●●
3x Armitage Codebusting
3x Compromised Employee
2x Crash Space

I'll start by talking about a few things that are missing. Easy Mark - not so special IMO. Between the two, with the money I expect/hope to have, I think Sure Gamble is a better use of the slot. Femme Fatale - just haven't found it necessary, and having it out would exceed my MU limit w/a Desperado and an otherwise full rig. Bank Job plays well with Pawnshops, but my local opponents are (appropriately IMO) defensive about remote servers against Criminal, so I don't think it's a loss. Taking Crash Space over Decoy for tag-handling (Shadow, NBN in general, etc.) and Scorched Earth protection. If someone wanted to go straight for the throat, they'd do better by Breaking News and SE in NBN anyway. The only thing I really miss is feeling better about last-click, potentially into-a-Snare runs. I opted for 3x Compromised Employee and subbing out a single Gordian Blade for a Peacock, rather than 3x Peacock and 3x Rabbit Hole. I think Peacock is very underrated in-faction, but I like being able to blow "extra" Special Orders on Pawning a Peacock to fetch a Blade.

In terms of strategy, it's Criminal. So - pressure, pressure, pressure. I try to mulligan into Sneakdoors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malefact
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I like the logic behind your deck - it's solid. Some quick thoughts about it:

I don't think that Crash Space gives you quite the same level of protection against SE that running 3x Decoy or 3x Carapace would. It also doesn't give you any protection against an NBN with SEA source / Datapool that might tag you just to kill Aesop's / Employee etc. Something to consider.

Because you're running Armitage/Aesop's vs. Opus, and no Bank Job / Easy Mark, it seems like a Gabe deck where you'll want to draw lots to set up your economy. I would say that this means you might be able to get away with running 1 less of each breaker type. But this would mean you have to be more cautious when it comes to worrying about losing breakers to net damage / trashing effects, so again, it's a question of preference.

Thank you for posting this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crash Space: part of it is a calculated risk, part of it is a (lack of pure tag & bag) meta decision. And I truly hate eating Breaking News through a single Decoy anyway :-)

Breaker counts: arguably meta-influenced, where (wise IMO) opponents tend to jam early agendas. I also truly hate breaker screws!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.