Mike Montesa
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing as how AH is following a similar layout design for their new scenarios for A&A minis, I naturally looked to my old ASL scenarios to see what I could do with them.

Has anyone tried converting ASL scenarios to A&A minis? Any guidelines or suggestions?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Montesa
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It hasn't shown up yet but I just posted an ASL scenario conversion I did, "Under the Noel Trees"(ASL Scenario 23).

It needs testing, though I did try it once and revised it a little after that (changed a map).

I enjoyed putting it together so I'll probably do another one.

Would love to hear feedback once it's up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric gagnon
Canada
montréal
qc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cool stuff, thanks! You should post it also on the official AAM scenario section...Cool stuff, thanks! You should post it also on the official AAM scenario section...Cool stuff, thanks! You should post it also on the official AAM scenario section...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Montesa
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my formatting down and cranking them out is getting easier! Just put up an adaptation of the classic Bogie film "Sahara". I tested this one and it was actually quite a close battle, with only "Lulubelle" surviving the fight and the Germans cracking from thirst (just like the movie)!

I'm working on an actual ASL scenario next though, from the Winter '95 ASL Annual (the last one they did I think). It's an Eastern Front scenario (#A70) called "Wintergerwitter", which I'm hoping to be able to play as my Set II collection grows.

I may also revise "Under the Noel Trees" to add U.S. Paratroopers - their special ability would nicely provide the effect that concealment counters have in ASL, without needing to write anything down.

Go ahead! Egg me on!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Montesa
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I revised "Under the Noel Trees" which you can find in the files. Also look for "Sahara" and "Wintergewitter"

Continuing my conversion of ASL scenarios, I'm looking to get some use out of the Japanese minis I have. Thanks to the whacky distribution, I'm awfully light on Japanese units from Set I, but I have Japanese SNLF paras dropping in all around me (and more Japanese paras than U.S. Airborne )

So I'm working up another scenario from the '95 ASL annual, ASL A86 "Fighting Sparrow," which uses infantry only (British vs. Japanese). Watch this space!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
LAst week I dug out my DASL boards and scenarios. Certainly some possibilities there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Montesa
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize now that AH seems to have already mined the old ASL SNLF paratrooper scenarios for their Dutch East Indies scenarios on the AAM website. So, I'm looking to some other Japanese scenarios now. I don't have a lot of Japanese minis though, nor do I own the Bushido ASL module, but I think I can come up with something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Montesa
United States
El Cerrito
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just posted ASL Scenario A22 "Kurhaus Clash." If printing and cutting out all those overlays is too much work, just note the hexes that would be covered and treat them as city hexes.

Found a great Eastern Front scenario to do next, "The Fugitives" from Beyond Valor!

A&AM really needs an all city map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
Those scenarios look great. I am an old ASL'er from way back. Maybe I ought to follow your example and dust off my old stuff and start converting. Thanks for the scenarios so far, I look forward to trying them out.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.