3x The Personal Touch

Program (12)
3x Magnum Opus
3x Ninja ●●●●●●
3x Snowball
3x ZU.13 Key Master

Resource (2)
2x Aesop's Pawnshop

This one started as Orange Devil's deck. Prior to that, I didn't think Shaper was any fun. It has changed into something almost entirely different and Opus-driven since then.

It still doesn't have a Toolbox, and relies on an Opus (2) / Ninja (1) / Snowball (1) / Key Master (0-1) rig, with either Rabbit Holes or Mem Chips to keep it afloat. Once afloat, the Mem Chips effectively become delayed Easy Marks via Pawning (play for 0, sell for 3). I don't think the transition from Battering Ram to Snowball is a big deal, and I think Snowball should get way more in-faction love, especially given Corroder's (just) fanfare. Perhaps the most notable omission is Sure Gamble, which is card-churn friendly and could fit in a lot of different ways. I like having Infiltration, though. The Personal Touches (in addition to helping a Ninja beat an Archer) really escalate in value with Snowballs and Key Masters. I'm blowing a hearty 6 influence on Special Orders, because I will tend to mulligan into Opus and I abhor not being able to handle early agendas. I consider turning the remaining Cyberfeeder into a Datasucker. I like annoying archives, discounts, Pawnability, etc. It disrupts the otherwise-smooth-to-achieve MU requirement of the rig, though.

Play-wise, it's a classic big-rigger, although I think it has more upside for drawing even after the true core is complete.

This deck should love Test Run once available, with either Mac or Chaos. 4 of the Special Order influence will go directly to 1x Sneakdoor Beta and 1x Femme Fatale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
This deck should love Test Run once available, with either Mac or Chaos. 4 of the Special Order influence will go directly to 1x Sneakdoor Beta and 1x Femme Fatale.

And you plan to get the memory for those where?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
astroglide wrote:

And you plan to get the memory for those where?

They won't necessarily be there with the intention of permanent installation. Early game, MU shouldn't be a problem for a surprise install/pop/pop/pop. With Sneakdoor, I think the best outcome might be hitting their hand, getting them to ice up their archives, then not even installing it. With FF, it's more of a sniper bullet. It's plausible for either of them to fit in later game, with Chaos' MU and/or Mem Chips. It's also easy to Pawn dupe icebreakers then reinstall (possibly w/Modded). I do that already as a matter of practice, for income.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.