United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Involved in a game.

I've already picked up the Blackhawks and enacted an event or 2...
I'm gripping down and wanted to Blow up my forces by bringing a bunch of GOVT troops on...

Problem is...Oswina...is up....1 resource to sweep. I have 70 resources at this point.

I'm thinking with Blackhawks and Oswina, I won't need much else...I could build units up the wazoo!! Then sweep everywhere I please while dropping off a TON of troops in the far reaching jungles...and set up bases to Screw with the insurgents...Sweeps will cost 67% less!!! I'll be able to sweep and not have to worry about the pipelines as much, albeit I could just sweep onto the LoC's...if needed...

It just seems too good to pass up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except you can't sweep on an LoC, only patrol, which is a different operation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Lee
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And Blackhawks doesn't give you an unlimited number of airlifts, but allows you to move more than 3 cubes in an airlift. It is a great event, but don't get your troops caught out in the boonies when there are some valuable departments and cities getting overrun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ospina" is a potent capability. I wanted it to be so, because it represents the impact of the intellectual center of Colombia's successful counterinsurgent strategy during the period ...

Note, however, that you will still have to pay the normal cost of assaults, and sweeps without assaults are not too decisive.

vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:

Note, however, that you will still have to pay the normal cost of assaults, and sweeps without assaults are not too decisive.

vfr

Distracting the Guerillas by only spending 1 RP may be worth it...

The Alternative, if I conduct operations, is just to damaging.

It's quite early in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.