Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played again tonight, another crushing win for the French. It's getting a bit demoralizing. But that's another post...

We couldn't find a definition for "fortified hex". Is it a hex with a fort unit in it? Or just Fortress Areas (which are on the TEC at least). What about "frontier hexside"? That's not on the TEC at all. Does a Belgium-Holland border hexside qualify? I couldn't find any of this in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this game again, same questions as above. Carl, you around?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
Played again tonight, another crushing win for the French. It's getting a bit demoralizing. But that's another post...

We couldn't find a definition for "fortified hex". Is it a hex with a fort unit in it? Or just Fortress Areas (which are on the TEC at least). What about "frontier hexside"? That's not on the TEC at all. Does a Belgium-Holland border hexside qualify? I couldn't find any of this in the rules.

Fortified hexes are the same as fortified areas. Frontier hexsides are the ones with the dotted red lines. I guess than only those between Germany and the other countries qualify.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
licinius wrote:
sdiberar wrote:

Fortified hexes are the same as fortified areas. Frontier hexsides are the ones with the dotted red lines. I guess than only those between Germany and the other countries qualify.

There is nothing on the TEC or rules defining frontier hexes. My opponent yesterday wanted to play Field Fortifications on units next to the French-Dutch border.

Thanks for your answer. I hope you get things like this cleared up for the GMT edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
licinius wrote:
sdiberar wrote:

There is nothing on the TEC or rules defining frontier hexes. My opponent yesterday wanted to play Field Fortifications on units next to the French-Dutch border.

Thanks for your answer. I hope you get things like this cleared up for the GMT edition.

Oh… For card play I think you could play Field Fortifications in the mentioned hexes no problem. I though you were speaking about the movement limitations of the German frontier units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spaking about crushing French wins, I never had probelms with the play-palance nor did the playtesters, but you might have found some optimal strategies.

Try giving the Germans more cards in their turn draw and see what happens, like 6 cards instead of four?

In fact for the next edition I might very well add a variable card draw number rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the 2.3 rules we're seeing more German success.

I still think the Initiative points are an unnecessary intermediate currency and you should pay for everything with cards, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdiberar wrote:
With the 2.3 rules we're seeing more German success.

I still think the Initiative points are an unnecessary intermediate currency and you should pay for everything with cards, though.

Understood, but the goal of the currency is that you can keep some of those points in reserve (a lot in fact). Not something I can do with cards since you cannot have more than 4-6 cards in your hand, and I don't want to allow players to hold much more.

If you have a system that can do the same without the Initiative counters, please do tell. meeple

One way would be for some cards to be worth more than one point, but then it will add an extra element of chance/variation that I'm not sure would be good.

I was pondering about finding a way to do it with only cards yesterday in fact. Nothing came out of it yet. But my main "work time" right now is on NR4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.