Kingwood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip
That started from this tropic port
Aboard this tiny ship.

Ah, yes the great Gilligan's Island. A lovely place to be until the island starts to fall apart. Enter the gamers here. A wife, very new to gaming (not a mean bone in her body), the boy child (a 7 year old who wants blood), the 8 year old daughter, seems nice on the outside, but a wild animal on the inside. Myself, the dad, the believer in stomping the kids into the ocean and making them learn the hard way.

After reading the simplistic rules to the kids and mama, and showing them how to play it was then game ON. Time for blood.

I started the game just so everyone could see a simplistic move and show them how everything transpires. As the kids saw it was a very easy game to pick up and even even started plotting against their daddy. What horrors have I done to them? I am fresh back home from out of town, and they immediately started moving sharks and whales towards my meeples boats! Yes, I hoarded the boats, but hey I am the daddy, its my right as a parent to take the boats! Men first!! As the game continued on, I could see I had to pull out all the stops and start taking care of the opponents, I am so close to finally getting a meeple on the island. BUT NO! my son, god bless him played a tile with the sea serpent and moved it and destroyed my boat and he made sure he made noises and play a scene of my meeple getting eaten. I feel the love son, thanks!

My daughter seeing how fun this is decides to join in on the lets beat daddy!! She continues to ensure I can not get any new boats as she is pulling all the boat tiles as she is flipping, or getting the anti shark or anti whale tiles! She even stuck her tongue out at me! How dare she!!

Mama, saw this as an advantage and started herding her meeples to safety, getting a few off to an isle. Knowing the kids were going to team up against me, I felt I could only do damage against the wife now.

Blood was in the water, I got her surrounded by sharks now. Jaws was going to be full of her meeple before it was all said and done.

But only to find out the wife flipped the volcano tile and it was the end of the game. The only blood left in the water was my blood.

Final standings

1. My beloved 7 year old son
2. My nice as could be wife
3. My daughter, still sticking her tongue out at me.
4. Me- zero meeples to safety. I am glad I could continue the circle of life for the marine animals.

Needless to say, this game is now on a full time rotation for family game night as the kids really enjoyed this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tipped for using a Gilligan's Island reference!!! I loved that show as a kid
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Buonocore
United States
BOYNTON BEACH
FL
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great family session report!

Many thanks for sharing.

Thanks,
Stephen M. Buonocore
Stronghold Games LLC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.