Simon Hanna
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
I love mystery, hidden objectives/alliances, ways to mislead people etc. Lots of player interactions.

My fav games at the moment are Mystery of the Abbey, Mystery Express and Shadow Hunters

Cheers
Simon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buddha Meeple
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
“It is a civilizational wake-up call. A powerful message—spoken in the language of fires, floods, droughts, and extinctions—telling us that we need an entirely new economic model and a new way of sharing this planet.” ― Naomi Klein
badge
“Climate change has never received the crisis treatment from our leaders, despite the fact that it carries the risk of destroying lives on a vastly greater scale than collapsed banks or collapsed buildings.” ― Naomi Klein
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game - ultimate hidden agenda gem.
Citadels - quick and small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Larsen
United States
Salt Lake City
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Resistance: Avalon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Todd
United Kingdom
Manchester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Shadow Hunters, and other games having hidden identities, so I can suggest some more of those.

The Resistance and Saboteur, are both quick and fun; however, they do need about 7+ players to work, so are only good if you have a large gaming group. But assuming you have a large group for Shadow Hunters, these will fit right in and I'd recommend both very highly. Guarenteed to cause accusations, argument and laughs.

Battlestar Galactica is the best hidden identity/traitor type game, but it's much longer (4-5 hours) and more complex than the 3 games you mention, so may not be suitable. However it has by far the most interesting mechanisms and opportuities for evil schemes by the bad guys (Cylons).

If you like Days of Wonder games, Shadows Over Camelot is a co-operative game with a secret traitor and has very nice bits (like other Days of Wonder games). It's a bit longer than the games you mention, but it might be what you're looking for. It's similar to BSG, but simpler (I think it's not nearly as good, but some people prefer it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The Name of the Rose
Letters from Whitechapel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.