Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Re: Deluxe version should be splitted
Aingeru wrote:
Riku Riekkinen wrote:
Aingeru wrote:

Any chance you could turn your energy into merging these games? (If you want similar treatment for TS as for those games)

Original plan... but I got too much rejections to keep on it, so I tried the other way...

I don't understand why Admins are not able to keep with the rules they made up themselves...

I'm curious... what were the reasons they gave you for the other splits?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no reason for splitting, as the game has not changed. All that has been added are optional cards, and a place on the board to use an optional rule that was released in C3, before deluxe was ever released. When not using optional rules, the game is the same as the original, only exception is Aldrich Ames Redux and a starting influence in Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn von Knorring
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
The picture is a swedish cartoon-figure Herman Hedning. English info here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Hedning
mbmbmbmbmb
I don´t think they should be splitted. The differences is to minor for that.

Aingeru wrote:
Sorry but I do not agree, other games have been splitted for similar reasons... so why not this?

You don´t correct one wrong decision by making another one:-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aingeru Malkav
Spain
Bilbao
Bizkaia
flag msg tools
mb
Riku Riekkinen wrote:
I'm curious... what were the reasons they gave you for the other splits?

Quote:
Reason: No, the War of the Ring games were split for valid and important reasons, and they will remain split. If you have question as to why, ask the users in the forums.

Quote:
Reason: No, the Game of Thrones games were split for valid and important reasons, and they will remain split. If you have question as to why, ask the users in the forums.

and so on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
So it seems to me you need to give valid and important reasons for TS to be split. I notice you have so far failed to give any sort of substantive argument for splitting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Desert Fox" R S
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there is any need to split it. I own the original and I don't think the deluxe version is any different besides a few minor things. I think it counter-productive.

Maybe we should be ranking each game by a "FAMILY" of some type and have the different versions ranked within each but the overall average (weighted in some BGG-styled optimal way) used for overall ranking. For example, I own both War of the Ring and Axis and Allies. Do we REALLY need ALL these games ranked separately or should the "War of the Ring" family be rated alongside one "Axis and Allies" family? Click some other ranking field to see EACH INDIVIDUAL game ranked but keep it as a minor listing for the truly... interested.

For a visitor, seeing one "Axis and Allies" family ranking isn't all that hard to comprehend and within that family they could easily see which version is higher rated or more to their liking.

I think this would stop all kinds of ranking-rating issues and complaints. Might start some, too, but maybe the it's the lesser of two evils. I know I'd be happier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
myowngamer wrote:
I don't think there is any need to split it. I own the original and I don't think the deluxe version is any different besides a few minor things. I think it counter-productive.

Maybe we should be ranking each game by a "FAMILY" of some type and have the different versions ranked within each but the overall average (weighted in some BGG-styled optimal way) used for overall ranking. For example, I own both War of the Ring and Axis and Allies. Do we REALLY need ALL these games ranked separately or should the "War of the Ring" family be rated alongside one "Axis and Allies" family? Click some other ranking field to see EACH INDIVIDUAL game ranked but keep it as a minor listing for the truly... interested.

For a visitor, seeing one "Axis and Allies" family ranking isn't all that hard to comprehend and within that family they could easily see which version is higher rated or more to their liking.

I think this would stop all kinds of ranking-rating issues and complaints. Might start some, too, but maybe the it's the lesser of two evils. I know I'd be happier!

I think this is very good idea. I would like the game with the same TITLE to be under one family ranking and then within those, you rank individual games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LC
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Well, that's, like, your opinion, man
mbmbmb
I believe every individual copy of each game should have it's own listing.

So, we'd have Andrea's Twilight Struggle and Bill's Twilight Struggle.

Note, if Andrea has the Deluxe edition and the prior addition, that would be two separate listings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dial
msg tools
mbmb
I wonder if they had these discussions in the 1930s over the regular (cheaper) version and the deluxe (costlier and better components) of Monopoly?

Guess that's why we're BGGs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Bloggs
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game doesn't change much from the 'old' to the 'new' version. A few new cards, a tiny change in starting influence, and one card (Aldrich Ames) redone because the original version slowed the game down too much. That is not any fundamental change in mechanics to justify splitting the rules, even if some of the new cards add elements that the game didn't have before (like NORAD).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aingeru wrote:
Riku Riekkinen wrote:
Aingeru wrote:

Any chance you could turn your energy into merging these games? (If you want similar treatment for TS as for those games)

Original plan... but I got too much rejections to keep on it, so I tried the other way...

I don't understand why Admins are not able to keep with the rules they made up themselves...

This sounds like your reasons for advocating the merging of the eatlier games and splitting TS are basedcnot on anything connectedcto the games but instead on a desire to see consistency as you see it from the admins.

You'd be happy to see TS left alone if they merged the Puerto Rico entries?

Does not make sense, and attempting to split the TS entry up is damaging to the TS community, I think that's fairly clear from the response here. Doing so just because an admin pooed on your Puerto Rico gambit is not cool.

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.