Subject: [Variant] Starting hand Mulligan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having played all my casual games using un-customized faction boxes, 1 occasional problem we have encountered is a starting Creature & Order hand that allows for no useful combinations. It happens more frequently with Commanders that have a small starting Order hand.

The simple solution we have used is to allow players to mulligan either their starting Creature OR Order hand once. How it's done is the player sets aside either his Creature or Order hand and draws back the same number of cards, before shuffling the cards set aside back into its deck.

We find Dungeon Command much more fun and competitive when both players start with a reasonably good set of cards.

I guess this would be less of a problem with heavily customized decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Yeah, this really doesn't seem to be a problem with handmade decks.

Incidentally, I'm really surprised you still have only played out-of-the-box, given that you've been designing your own creature cards for months. You're missing out on a lot of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfiniteNutshell wrote:
Incidentally, I'm really surprised you still have only played out-of-the-box, given that you've been designing your own creature cards for months. You're missing out on a lot of fun!

Yeah, kinda cheesed I held off too long ordering those loose Order cards from Auggies and now some of them are sold out. cry

Incidentally, where's your avatar? You can change it anytime y'know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nut
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
OK, OK, I finally went and got an avatar. Just for you, K.Y.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.