Subject: Le Mans vs Speed Circuit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How much difference is there between these two game?
Are they much alike or are they way different?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Pellegrino
Italy
Palermo
Sicilia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you kidding? the two games are fundamentally different in gameplay, although I think they are the two best car games ever made. Surely there are also Rallyman, McGartlin among my favorites, but the first two are the greatest.
First of all, with the speed circuit (my favorite) you can build the car by changing the characteristics, however the le mans cars has statistically determined. Both games have the dice strictly optional and does not need to play, and this is a great thing. Both games have many fans like me who have modified and expanded rules and tracks on which to play, but the speed circuit is that over the years has found more fans and more rules that made it really interesting.
In my opinion the two players of reference for these games are:
Alex Henderson
(Alex777)

Douglas Schulz
(lucidphoenix)

Fabio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have SC, Formula De and Rallyman but love to watch Le Mans on site, so was just wondering if this game was worth trying to find.
But looks like it is hard to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Williams
United States
Capital Region
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found the feel of Speed Circuit to be a more refined and developed version of Le Mans. I enjoy both, but Speed Circuit has more depth, as was alluded to above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Pellegrino
Italy
Palermo
Sicilia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
I do have SC, Formula De and Rallyman but love to watch Le Mans on site, so was just wondering if this game was worth trying to find.
But looks like it is hard to find.

Renè,
as the games above, to fully enjoy the game you must run a Championship.
If you will play a single race every players want to win so they will roll many dice, and at the end the more lucky will be the winner.
Le Mans car are statistical predeterminated, so you need also run different tracks to do chances to win to many drivers\cars.
With a bit of luck you will find a game on ebay

Fabio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Briel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Grak !
mbmbmbmb
I have an extra copy of Le Mans, René, if you are interested. I'll GM you the details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Briel
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Grak !
mbmbmbmb
mtgjudge wrote:
I found the feel of Speed Circuit to be a more refined and developed version of Le Mans. I enjoy both, but Speed Circuit has more depth, as was alluded to above.

This is true. I like both but SC has a bit more freedom of choice where LM has some choices but is mostly determined by your car. Both are good games and any fan of racing should play both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO Speed Circuit is still - after all this years - the best racing game around *.

Of course I'm talking about the diceless 3M rules set and not the Avalon Hill rules (which use dice wow).

* provided that you look for a serious game - if you want to have fun, go for Formulé De (a game I also enjoy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Formula De - been there, done that and will never go ack to it again.
Played it every second Monday for four years until I got fed up by all the waiting for one of the players who counted not once, not twice, but 3 and 4 times, even when it wasn't his turn, despite we told him not to. So the fun of the game is spoiled and I don't want to go there again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Pellegrino
Italy
Palermo
Sicilia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
Played it every second Monday for four years until I got fed up by all the waiting for one of the players who counted not once, not twice, but 3 and 4 times, even when it wasn't his turn, despite we told him not to. So the fun of the game is spoiled and I don't want to go there again.

Yes,
some games needed a quick move, waiting too much your turn is so boring.
The simultaneous move speed circuit eliminates downtime between a player and the other, also the game does not require strictly to roll dice so luck is very limited to the game.
So we can play 5 laps with 14 player within only 4 hours of play
see some shots at facebook page :

http://www.facebook.com/groups/52264093816/

Fabio
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Henderson
Cayman Islands
Grand Cayman
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Le Mans is very similar to an even earlier game, Grand Prix. The 2 Grand Prix tracks - Sebring and Watkins Glen - can be used with the Le Mans rules and cars.

Using the original (beige) Le Mans data cards you can have very close races on the Monte Carlo track. The Le Mans track definitely favours the more powerful cars. I agree with Fabio that Speed Circuit is a better game overall, but Le Mans has a lot to like. Formula De, to me, just does not provide the feel of motor racing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge
www.tocoking.be/hotspot
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:

I recognize this and this breaks the game indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Alex777 wrote:
Le Mans is very similar to an even earlier game, Grand Prix.

They are a bit more than similar - Le Mans is an updated version of Grand Prix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.