West Mids
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UK Games Expo - 24th - 26th May 2013 - Birmingham
24 January 2013
Fantastic Trade Response Promises an Awesome 2013 Expo

UK Games Expo 2013 Trade space has now almost sold out. Alongside UKGE veterans like Surprised Stare, Cubicle 7, Chessex, Triple Ace Games, Mayfair Games, Magic Geek, Heron Games, Ragnar Brothers and many others we welcome a host of companies for the first time including Asmodee, Fantasy Flight, Queen Games, Shadows of Esteren, Hawk Wargames and more...

It is exciting too to see Coiledspring, Tritex and Hazam attending with much larger stands this year.

One of the great parts of organising the UK's largest Hobby Game convention is we get to speak to so many companies and individuals who are full of exciting ideas for activities and games that are sure to make this a superb show. Over the next 4 months we will let you have all the details.

For a full list of all the expected exhibitors click here....

The Expo team - Richard | Tony | Pat | Mick

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @UKGamesExpo and on Facebook

A new Venue

In 2013 UK Games Expo moves to a new venue. The NEC Hilton Metropole offers us more space, hundreds of hotel rooms and excellent transport links by road, rail and air. It is close to the M6, M42 and M40.

Hilton Birmingham Metropole
National Exhibition Centre
Birmingham B40 1PP

Full details here

Rooms at the hotel are £60 for singles and £105 for twins. Book yours now

Family Zone Returns

A massive hit not just with children but with all ages, the Imagination Gaming Family Zone provides games all can enjoy from card games to Giant Games where YOU are the pieces. Alongside the Family Zone will be Richard Law's Roleplaying for children and some art and craft activities. So bring the whole family!

Tournaments Galore!

Like a bit of a competition? How about free flights to the US to play there? The Xwing tournament offers just that for those in whom the force is strong.

This year new events like Net Runner, Malifaux and Dominion will join popular tournaments like Warmachines, 40K, FOG, FOW and the Doug Massie Grand Board Game Tournament.

We have guests too including Larry Roznai from Mayfair Games, C Suleiman - prolific RPG writer for White Wolf and Mark Rein Hagen creator of Vampire . Others too ...more details here....

You are standing in a corridor. There are two doors on the left and one of the right. What do you do?

120+ Roleplaying games over 8 sessions on 3 days give you a huge choice from Pathfinder to Call of Cthulhu to your favourite Indie Game.

Just don't split the Party eh?

Bags of Room for Evening Games

Many of the tournament areas will give over to Open Gaming in the evening after the Trade Halls close. So there will be lots of room to crack open that new game and get playing.

Book your Room Right Now

Book your room at UK Games Expo 2013 and stay on site all weekend. Rooms grant free carparking AND access to the swimming pool. The first 300 to book Rooms get a free goody bag with books, dice and games in.
To get the special UK Games Expo Rates click here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can't believe nobody has responded to your post yet - I'm already looking forward to it. - Hows the planning going?

I read that the bring-and-buy is moving to an even bigger room this time around. - Have you got any secrets on what's in the 300 goody bags yet? I'm a brummie local and only live about 20 mins away from the hotel... Do you have any idea on he cost of parking for those not staying in the hotel?

EDIT:
Oops. Sorry I've just re-read my post and realised that I've just bombarded you with questions....hope you don't mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Denning
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Mids
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IT is going very well. Trade space pretty much gone, rooms filling up too.

WE are looking at carparking and hope to have an answer but around £5 day is looking likely.

GOODY BAGS and rooms .
Rooms at the hotel are booking up very well but there is still an opportunity to get a Goody Bag. The bags should consist of a nice bag, a selection of RPG books, several small puzzle or card games, some CCG packs - but exact details still being hashed out with several generous companies. Expect more details later.

We are happy to give Goody Bags for the FIRST 300 who have booked rooms at the Hilton HOWEVER they have done it. So this means either using our booking link directly:
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/B/BHXMETW-GF...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DoctorMike Reddy
United Kingdom
Aberdare
RCT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally coming to this! I'm running a session or two on game design, I believe. Thinking X(Wing) Factor! Can I be Simon Cowell?

DoctorMike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.