Popular Tags: [View All]
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I don't know if you folks do this, but I found it really helpful...could very well be super-obvious...

Instead of leaving your maneuver wheel with the ship, keep it close to that ships card. And when that ship fires, place the wheel ON the card to denote that ship has fired.

IT works really well for keeping track of swarm squads with lots of ships and actions.
- First your wheel is face up and near your ship's pilot card..noting that this ship needs to plan a move
- then when the wheel is face down, you know this ship needs to move, then when it is flipped up you know that ship has moved and is now ready to fire.
- once it fires, move the face up wheel ON TOP of the card and now you know that ship has fired
- When the new round starts, move the wheel to off the card, face up..so you know that ship is ready to plan a move...
rinse, repeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like good advice for large fleets with identical pilot values. In some other thread, it was said that keeping tokens near the cards instead of near the miniatures makes cheating easier, but of course it is easier to conveniently forget or conceal a small token than a maneuver wheel, so this should not be a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thamos von Nostria wrote:
Sounds like good advice for large fleets with identical pilot values.

yeah my squad had 4 academy pilots

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
We always keep the wheel near the card, but tokens out with the ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:

yes! tokens near ships.

BTW...do you guys even use the Stress tokens? Seems redundant if you're last move on the dial is red.
I know this makes it open info to all players...so i guess it could be a secret to house rule if you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ketchupgun wrote:
RobertDD wrote:

yes! tokens near ships.

BTW...do you guys even use the Stress tokens? Seems redundant if you're last move on the dial is red.
I know this makes it open info to all players...so i guess it could be a secret to house rule if you like.

Absolutely use the stress tokens. As you said in your other post you havent played many 100 point games. I guarantee you need them for both sides to remember once you have 10 or more ships on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
ketchupgun wrote:
RobertDD wrote:

yes! tokens near ships.

No, i have games where i assigned a couple of white moves after the red movement that gave me the stress. Without the token, you will most likely forget that it has a stress
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Traget Lock - Put the blue token in one of the slots on your ships base. Then you only need to keep track of the red target token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaghatai Khan wrote:
Traget Lock - Put the blue token in one of the slots on your ships base. Then you only need to keep track of the red target token.

Or better still, depending on the number of ships that can target lock in your build, use only the red tokens but grab ones with letters that match your pilot names.

For instance, when I play a Wedge/Biggs/Dutch flight I just grab the red target locks with W, B and D on them, because it's easy to remember which one belongs to each ship.

I find this helps because I number my ships with their pilot skill number on both sides for easy identification, since when I play rebel I usually have no duplicates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Smith
United States
Bel Air
MD - Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We keep just about everything on the cards except for the wheels. We also use the number ID's even when we have all unique pilots. We find it just makes it easier to locate the right ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
awesome thread guys. these tips are great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
armoredgear7 wrote:
Jaghatai Khan wrote:

Or better still, depending on the number of ships that can target lock in your build, use only the red tokens but grab ones with letters that match your pilot names.

For instance, when I play a Wedge/Biggs/Dutch flight I just grab the red target locks with W, B and D on them, because it's easy to remember which one belongs to each ship.

I find this helps because I number my ships with their pilot skill number on both sides for easy identification, since when I play rebel I usually have no duplicates.

We use red/blue combinations, but we also do the alphabetical thing. It's kind of redundant. I guess we really only need one target lock token (since the letter can be traced to the pilot), but it serves as a reminder that a pilot has a target lock.

"Sorry, 'V' is for 'Vader'. No one else can target lock with 'V.' Don't make me destroy you..." *player starts Force-choking the other player*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
instead of numbers, i use colour tags for smaller groups of ships. colours are easier to tell apart at a glance than the number tags
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
armoredgear7 wrote:
Jaghatai Khan wrote:

Since you get three of each ID Number token, I put two on the model and use the third as the target lock. Rebels are black numbers on white. Imperials are white numbers on black. Vader (or some other star) will sometimes use the lettered locks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:

Since you get three of each ID Number token, I put two on the model and use the third as the target lock. Rebels are black numbers on white. Imperials are white numbers on black. Vader (or some other star) will sometimes use the lettered locks.

Thge third one is supposed to go on the card, but if you have more than one base game, this is not an issue - you have plenty of number tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Aronovici
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mb
Stress token are important because my buddy and I tend to forget, but we then realize that pilot performed a stress move, which impacts current or future decisions.

Critical hit tokens don't seem like a huge issue. Also, we do keep the dials near the ship, unless the area is cluttered with ships and I put the dial and leave it face up on the pilot after I perform the move.

Target lock tokens is the only one I need to play around with...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.