Subject: Dragon's Hoard is on Kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1657065264/dragons-hoard...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad there is no pnp pledge level

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it looked fun enough for $12 but when I got wind of the kickstarter the early birds were all gone..Does this game look like its worth $22..No..

Even if there are a ton of each card it still looks like a game that should retail for ~12
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Mayfield
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah $22 is super hard to swallow for just a pack of cards.
I would pay for a pnp version though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Koutsoumpas
Greece
Kainourgio
Fthiotida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the gameplay too simplistic, so if I decide to kickstart this, it will be mostly for the art which I find great and I think this is what the game sells mostly.
Perhaps the gameplay would be more interesting if the cards you played had additional abilities, like
- a damsel forcing an opponent to discard a card from his/her hand,
- a knight forcing an opponent to discard from play a card with cost 2-3,
- a wizard allowing you to replace another card you played with a card (same points) controlled by an opponent to benefit from color interaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dezza
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xiopher wrote:
yeah $22 is super hard to swallow for just a pack of cards.
I would pay for a pnp version though.
Then there's those people who need international shipping, which makes it $32 (+ international transfer fees).

I like the look of the game, the art seems fantastic, and would like it because it seems very fast, simple to explain, and quite language independent. I'm hoping that it becomes readily available outside of Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Barker
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found this kickstarter today. I decided to back it. I really like the art. I guess I'm judging a book by it's cover, but I don't own many games where the card art is of this level.

I just wish it was about 10 dollars cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony C
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The art looks beautiful, especially for a card game, and it looks like a fun quick game, but yeah, the difference between Early Bird and Regular Price is too steep for me. I'm thinking 15 is a price point I'd be fine with, but 22 is a little high.
I'm also realizing that, though I haven't bought a lot of kickstarters, relatively few that I'm interested in actually offer some bonus I have to have that won't be available later, AND are worth the premium in pricing over buying the game once it gets widely published.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.